Sign in to follow this  
biosurge

uncontrolled bouncing on landing

i am having a problem with uncontrolled bouncing on landing unless the landing is on auto pilot (btw, the landing on auto pilot is off several degrees from centerline and the plane makes a miracle adjustment when it hits the runway). i cannot control the plane at all and will usually wind up in a nose stand or wing stand as pieces start tp fly off.. it can be very frustrating to have a great mission only to have the end either auto pilot or a disaster...anyone else comment????

Okay, I had the same problem crop up again too. What I do now is fly an approach to flare just above stall speed (about 120-130 knots) and let the mains touch 1st, and airbrake it with the nose in the air until about 100 kts, and let the nose down. Then wheelbrakes, and it usually stops without the bounce. Oh yeah, use the speedbrakes in and out to keep the speed fairly constant. Sounds like a lot more work than it is, but in action, it all happens fairly quickly.

Hope it works for you.

thanks very much..will try out this weekend..

bio

when I get lined up, I cut the power, and as it begins to slow hit the wing leveler, it keeps the gear lined up perfect, and then just brake to a stop,