• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
JensOle

Wip:norwegian Cold War Fighters

Hi,

Having used the MS FS series for several years I have finally found the SF-WoV-WoE series of combat sims and the later have inspired me to make a few repaints of Norwegian Air Force aircraft from the cold war period.

Bellow are a few WIP shots.

NA F-86K of No. 332 and 334 Sqn

post-3749-1168464158_thumb.jpg

post-3749-1168464174_thumb.jpg

F-104G of No. 331 Sqn

post-3749-1168463993_thumb.jpg

post-3749-1168464024_thumb.jpg

F-16A of No. 332 Sqn. Thank you to USAFMTL for helping me with making the tail number decals.

post-3749-1168464226_thumb.jpg

post-3749-1168464240_thumb.jpg

F-5A of No. 336 Sqn

post-3749-1168464266_thumb.jpg

Looking damn good Jens! Cant wait to add these.

Looking damn good Jens! Cant wait to add these.

Thanks! I'm looking into the mysteries of adding new squadrons to the campaigns in WoE right now....not as easy as I thought. It must be something I' missing.

Regards

Jens

The F-104 skin looks very good.

Adding new squadrons to WOE is very simple.

I have downloaded the WOE 2007 campaign, to look that the author has changed in the ini files to add new aircraft,groundobjekts and squadrons.

After one houer i had my first new squadron working in the campaign.

The F-104 skin looks very good.

Adding new squadrons to WOE is very simple.

I have downloaded the WOE 2007 campaign, to look that the author has changed in the ini files to add new aircraft,groundobjekts and squadrons.

After one houer i had my first new squadron working in the campaign.

Hi,

I have the NF campaigns and I have watched the structure of the campaign files. I have added a new sqadron with the RNoAF F-16A for the 1979 campaign. The Royal Norwegian Air Force and the new squadron is in the campaign meny, but when I start the campaign I suddenly start with the 7th TFS with F-15A. the 7th is the first squadron in the 79' campaign, so I assume that something has gone wrong when I entered the new squadron... I have seen over the text entries, but I can't find the error

Thanks! I'm looking into the mysteries of adding new squadrons to the campaigns in WoE right now....not as easy as I thought. It must be something I' missing.

Regards

Jens

Its easy to ass new squadrons. Open the SQUADRONLIST.INI in notepad. Find the last entry.

Example:

[squadron259]

Name=349BAF <----------------

DisplayName=No. 349 Squadron

Nation=Belgium

Just make another entry in numerical order.

Make sure in the Textureset.ini in whatever skin folder you have, has the squadron name matching the entry above.

[TextureSet]

Name=No. 349 Squadron

Nation=Belgium

Squadron=349BAF <-----------

Specular=0.200000

Glossiness=0.200000

Reflection=0.150000

Those arrows point to the entries that HAVE to be the same. Then when you add it into the campaign use the exact same entries. Then you are set.