Sign in to follow this  
catch

Eyepoint View

#) Guys .... are you able to move the eyepoint view up/down/sideways ? Checksix view is okay in the Fokker and Spad (don't have trackir ....I use camera view on hatswitch) but is obscured in the SE5 by the headrest. Be nice to be able to see over or around it ?

Otherwise, changing the extracted viewlist.ini for a check6 view will do the same thing in the SE5 ?

#) Can the camera view pan speed (when mapped to hatswitch) be incresed/decreased ?

Cheers,

catch.

#) Guys .... are you able to move the eyepoint view up/down/sideways ? Checksix view is okay in the Fokker and Spad (don't have trackir ....I use camera view on hatswitch) but is obscured in the SE5 by the headrest. Be nice to be able to see over or around it ?

Yes, and no problem to return to the scope aim either.

Otherwise, changing the extracted viewlist.ini for a check6 view will do the same thing in the SE5 ?

I donno, each time i try and make a check 6 view it never works up.

#) Can the camera view pan speed (when mapped to hatswitch) be incresed/decreased ?

No I dont think so. but with the Track IR you can increase/decrease sensivity easy as that.

Salute!

RvH

Yes, and no problem to return to the scope aim either.

I donno, each time i try and make a check 6 view it never works up.

No I dont think so. but with the Track IR you can increase/decrease sensivity easy as that.

Salute!

RvH

Thanks for the reply RvH. So how do you move the eyepoint up/down/sideways from the default cockpit setting ? I don't have trackir but I thought maybe there's eyepoint controls somewhere that I could map to the stick buttons ? It can be done in OFF. I know I know get trackir they say get trackir ! One day ......

Edited by catch

Thanks for the reply RvH. So how do you move the eyepoint up/down/sideways from the default cockpit setting ? I don't have trackir but I thought maybe there's eyepoint controls somewhere that I could map to the stick buttons ? It can be done in OFF. I know I know get trackir they say get trackir ! One day ......

Yeah I know it`s easy in OFF, I only got side ways view in first eagles working via Track IR, but it has got to be possible to edit via ini, just have to find out how. I checked the cockpit.inis for the planes but weren`t able to find anything there :(

Just have to keep looking :D

S!

RvH

Thanks RvH. I've been trying to find the ini files ! I installed the SF extractor but I can't extract (well don't know how !) the viewlist.ini to have a play around. Do you have to have Strike Fighters installed to extract from there and place into FE ? Is that how it works ?

Catch,, when you open up the cat extractor, directly to the right is a box with" ..... " in it , you click on that, it is a browse button

You then direct it towards the third wire/WW1/objects folder then pick what you want to extract. you also find cat files in someother directories, like Flight, etc. What you trying to adjust is going to be plane specific, so you dont do it in the viewlist.ini file,,,, to the best of my knowledge that is global setting.

By, the way, the extracted file is in the folder from which you found the cat that you wanted to extract.

hope that helps a small bit.

Cheers, JimC.

Catch, this is a quote from Tailspin, that I cut and paste,

" Hi EmlD...Just a quick comment, its WILDCARD SATURDAY for the NFL. Took a quick spin and she's looking pretty good. The pilot position can be fixed by making the pilot position in the data.ini match the one in the cockpit.ini (cockpit.ini is the correct postition). "

so your adjustments are plane specific, the cockpit ini and the data ini. as noted they should match

Cheers, JimC..

Catch,, when you open up the cat extractor, directly to the right is a box with" ..... " in it , you click on that, it is a browse button

You then direct it towards the third wire/WW1/objects folder then pick what you want to extract. you also find cat files in someother directories, like Flight, etc. What you trying to adjust is going to be plane specific, so you dont do it in the viewlist.ini file,,,, to the best of my knowledge that is global setting.

By, the way, the extracted file is in the folder from which you found the cat that you wanted to extract.

hope that helps a small bit.

Cheers, JimC.

Thanks Jim. I got that far and was browsing in the WW1 folders looking for viewlist.ini which always came up blank. I did a XP search and there's no viewlist.ini on my machine. Sorry but I'm still confused and more questions .....

#) I still don't understand why we have to extract stuff to modify. I downloaded the extractor only because someone said that was the only way to modify files. Can't that be done via notepad ?

#) What is a "cat" file anyway ? Is that just a term for any file you're looking for ?

#) If I did have viewlist.ini and it's global that's the one I'd modify so all views are uniform across all aircraft .... if any didn't look right then I'd modify that plane rather than doing each one individually. Or is this not possible ?

Sorry mate I've probably opened a can of worms here and this stuff is all new to me. I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Catch.

catch...the .ini files are stored in the .cat files. Using the extractor, when you open the various folders in the game directory you will see different .CAT files. Highlite and open these .cat files with the extractor. Thats where you will find the different .ini files. Once you've extracted the .ini you can then edit it with notepad.

Thanks Tailspin. I think I've got it. I'll give it a go.