Sign in to follow this  
PENSKE07

Getting to site

Why do I need to do that ipconfig/flushdns every time I want to get to the site

That's a DNS Migration issue.

A side affect of having moved the site and changing our IP address where the site resides. When this happens we actually request a repopulation of our IP through the name servers of the world. That process is spotty and strange at times especially with routers and gateways in the millions.

For you specifically if your Internet Service Provider uses different machines to host name servers then one of them might not just be updated yet. Or you possibly have your browser set up to cache pages which are referring to our old site. Check your browser settings, clear your browser cache, and reboot. If the problem still exists it's because your ISP's name servers aren't all up to date.

The good news is that they will update, as this process generally settles down in about 72 hours. Which for us will be tomorrow or possibly monday depending on when I actually submitted our name servers. It was late and I was tired I remember that much. :blink:

If this problem continues past Monday be sure to let me know and I'll put in a trouble ticket to our upstream provider.

Erik

That's a DNS Migration issue.

A side affect of having moved the site and changing our IP address where the site resides. When this happens we actually request a repopulation of our IP through the name servers of the world. That process is spotty and strange at times especially with routers and gateways in the millions.

For you specifically if your Internet Service Provider uses different machines to host name servers then one of them might not just be updated yet. Or you possibly have your browser set up to cache pages which are referring to our old site. Check your browser settings, clear your browser cache, and reboot. If the problem still exists it's because your ISP's name servers aren't all up to date.

The good news is that they will update, as this process generally settles down in about 72 hours. Which for us will be tomorrow or possibly monday depending on when I actually submitted our name servers. It was late and I was tired I remember that much. :blink:

If this problem continues past Monday be sure to let me know and I'll put in a trouble ticket to our upstream provider.

Erik

Thanx Eric I love the site and since I got a new machine its be invaluable to me.

Erik, seems like the Swedes may be having problems still with dns

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I'd have them call their ISP and see if they can resolve the DNS issues locally. I've checked our end and routed back to the site through 43 third party routers from around the world and none of them fail, even the two in Sweden.

Erik