Sign in to follow this  
Red Von Hammer

Saitek X52 Problem

Hi all

I have a problem with my Saitek X52 stick (the ordinary one, not the Pro model.) Yes I checked saitek.com and combatace.com forums for any solutions to this problem but there doesnt seem to be any solution yet. Each time I try to start the Profile Editor and/or Launcher, it keeps saying: Plug In Controller: You must Plug ina supported saitek programmable controller before you can continue." I installed new drivers "again.." And I still get the same problem. I did have the stick connected with a USB Hub ( The Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, and this solution, as I have no more usb ports available on my computer, has worked fine with no problems for about 6 months. But today, it fails. However, the stick does shot up in the Gaming Controller properties in the Control Panel. It`s just that the software wont recognize it, I tried turning of computer, restarting computer, putting in new drivers, in short, I have tryed everything between heaven and earth. Without any positive results. I still get the annoying message: Plug In Controller, You must plug in a supported Saitek programmable controller before you can continue.) My stick has worked for 2 years, although with problems, but nothing that can`t be fixed with new driver`s or such. Just when I`m about to play a MP game with my friends in the First Eagles community, it fails on me. Good timing! :P

If anyone has any suggestions, they will be fully appreciated.

Sincerely Yours.

Red Von hammerpost-21120-1169509088_thumb.jpg

yeah i had the same problem. try turning off computer, connecting controller to usb on main tower (not hub) and reboot. apparently the joystick uses some Windows mouse and keeboard properties. (and it doesn't like being moved :crazy: )

The X52 pretty much runs up to the red line in terms of power draw available from USB which is why it's not recommended to run from a non self-powered hub - usually the USB ports on the backplane are the best.

If your PSU output is starting to decline (as they all do with age) it could possibly not be supplying enough power.

Alternatively you could try to roll back to when it was working before or you could try an uninstall/re-install.

if you've read www.saitekforum.com then you should be familiar with

"First unplug your controllers, click Start>Run and type

ny -7 (drivers newer than 4.3.3.1727 )

(case sensitive) and click OK. Now go to Control Panel and run the Add/Remove Programs icon. Remove all Saitek entries in the list of programs and then go to the C:\Program Files directory and delete the Saitek folder. Restart your computer and the files will all be uninstalled.

Now browse to your C:\Windows\Inf folder (if you can't see an Inf folder then click Tools>Folder Options at the top of the window, then click View at the top of the window that comes up. In there click the dot next to the Show Hidden Files and Folders option and then click OK - you should now be able to find an Inf folder in the Windows directory) and look for the OEM0.inf file. Find the highest numbered OEMXX.inf file and double click on it - a Wordpad screen will open up with information in it. You're looking for any lines that refer to Saitek (usually at the top of the window). If you don't see any such info close that window and open the next OEMXX.inf file - so if you started on, say, OEM30.inf then you'd now open OEM29.inf.

If you find any that refer to us then close the window and delete that OEMXX.inf file along with its accompanying OEMXX.pnf file. Go through all of them until you have deleted any files that mention us.

Now do a search for files in Windows using the following search string:

sai*.*

Once it's finished finding any files delete them - files only though, don't delete any folders.

Now restart the PC and then install the X52"

Btw Vista drivers are due out next week & i wouldn't be at all surprised if there's an XP update to match.

Rgr, I tryed uninstalling drivers as Buff said, it did not work though, going for the littlesmoke`s suggestion now.

regardless if either works. I would like you to know that I highly appreciate suggestion`s, and you have my grattitude :)

Salute!

RvH

Hey Buff,

Thanks for the info re: the X52 drawing a lot of power. I bought one over Christmas while it was on sale (89.00 US) but could not get the throttle display to light or the control panel light dimmers to work. Also, the control panel would not hold any property settings. After reading the post, I plugged it into the back USB port and now everything works. I was going to sell it, as Saitek refused to respond to my tech support emails, but I'm now looking forward to my first HOTAS. Again, thanks much.

as Saitek refused to respond to my tech support emails,

That's unlike them although I do know that there was a backlog after Xmas (peak sales plus staff on holiday).

You can also 'phone or they have a forum - www.saitekforum.com - once you register & login a lot more of the forum becomes visible.