Sign in to follow this  
SandMartin

Radar modes of addon modern crafts for WOE

Guys. I see, that a standart F-15A in WOE have 1 more radar mode than Search, STT - TWS. & Enchanced HUD information (like target box or target circle (then AIM-9 have lock on) plus enchanced radar monitor informations - like vector of target, distance of scan & other...

BUT every add-on craft like F-18A, F-14A or F-16C or F-15C or F-15E dont have this things. Why ??? Its possible, give to modern ADDON crafts TWS modes & more HUD & Radar display informations or inposible ???

P.S Sorry for my English

Edited by =RAF= SandMartin

Guys. I see, that a standart F-15A in WOE have 1 more radar mode than Search, STT - TWS. & Enchanced HUD information (like target box or target circle (then AIM-9 have lock on) plus enchanced radar monitor informations - like vector of target, distance of scan & other...

BUT every add-on craft like F-18A, F-14A or F-16C or F-15C or F-15E dont have this things. Why ??? Its possible, give to modern ADDON crafts TWS modes & more HUD & Radar display informations or inposible ???

P.S Sorry for my English

Basically WOE introduced these modern radar modes and avionics (with avionics70.dll) - the add on planes you mention were created before then using what was available at the time (SF and WOV are 60's based technology). The authors of the planes could update them - or you could if you wish to experiment a bit with the planes avionics.ini file.

One problem holding things up is that the newer avionics does not have an Air to Ground mode - which is fine for the F-15A - but not so good for the F-16A or F-18.

You could try searching either here or SimHQ because modifications have been made to some of these planes already - Someone had upgraded the F-14 cockpit a few months back.