Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Various Aircraft related question's

Question 1)

Just to be clear from the begining, my version of SFP1 has the right service pack installed and the right patch as well. All of my aircraft's work fine well aside from a minor radar issue with the SU-15, or so I thought. I've noticed that the MIG-21, MIG-25 and MIG-29 all top out at an approximate airspeed of 500+ knots, but never reaching 600 knots or more. Any insight ? The MIG-25 that I'm using is the Foxbat package made recently and the MIG-29 is the MIg29C version.

I've checked the aircraft data.ini and compared it with other aircraft ex.SU-27 and the MIG-25's for example say's Mach 2.80 (if I'm not mistaken)...Any ideas as to why these aircraft's aren't able to attain their respective speed ?

Question 2)

EDIT: Crap, Instructor is kicking me out as i'm the last one in the lab, will ask this later.

Cheers.

The mach level is an absolute. The real limiting factor in most cases, is the model's speed at sea level. We try to set that based on whatever real life data we can find. The figure is in Meters/Second. For example, the MiG-29A should have a max speed at sea level of 333.3 m/sec, or 1200 kph.

333.3 meters p/sec at sea level, will translate to over mach 2.3 at high altitude, due to reduced air density.

Here's an example. using the aforementioned MiG-29A as a test bed.

Vmax at sea level is Mach 1.03

gallery_279_43_169366.jpg

And Vmax with the same model at altitude is Mach 2.3

gallery_279_43_20561.jpg

Ok, I think I understand. Thanks.

Uuum, to continue with the annoying questions :tomato::biggrin: whenever I fly Air-Defense suppresion mission's (atleast for Soviet Bloc) aircraft's my targets end up being aircraft's ? :dntknw: What's up with that, this ALWAYS happens, fly the MIG-27, SU-7 for Air-defense suppresion and the result is always the same, the targets are always aircrafts.

You can't "suppress" air defenses, if they don't exist, can you? :biggrin:

You need to install fixed SAM sites for the NATO side. I've positioned hawk batteries around several military and civilian areas in West Germany (GermanyCE terrain), just for that purpose. Give me a while and I'll post the coordinates and necessary edits to keep the Hawks from salvoing all at once.

You can't "suppress" air defenses, if they don't exist, can you? :biggrin:

You need to install fixed SAM sites for the NATO side. I've positioned hawk batteries around several military and civilian areas in West Germany (GermanyCE terrain), just for that purpose. Give me a while and I'll post the coordinates and necessary edits to keep the Hawks from salvoing all at once.

:shout: Aaaargghhh, such a stooopid mistake. Thanks.

:shout: Aaaargghhh, such a stooopid mistake. Thanks.

Don't feel bad, my friend. I've been involved with this series for over four years, and as recently as last Summer, I made that very same mistake while testing a Soviet-bloc strike aircraft :crazy: