There used to be a make shift high rez pilot template in the form of Diego's plain pilot bitmap, however, due to some circumstances he has pulled all of his work from public domain. I've been thinking of trying to skin a high rez pilot, just need the time in between other things to get round to it.

Guest Saganuay82

I would take the stock pilot and in Photoshop start making mistakes until you get what you want. Find pics on the web and start a new one.

pilot1024.jpg

Still working on him. Got a gsuit now. Still lots to do.

cdnpilot.jpg

But that is basically how you do it especially with small things like pilots and weapons. The only reason you would need the template is to see the mapping for the pilot. I wish TK would release the UV mapping for the stock pilot.

EDIT: Oh forgot something. You will need a hex editor to change the bmp name inside the lods when you make a new one. So you would take the stock pilot, ini and lods. Rename them all to a new name. Then open the lods with the hex editor and find the bmp name using CTRL+F and then change the names. On the right side you can see the name when you find it, put your cursor on it and type the new name in. Then if when you look into the code on the left if there are alphanumerics remaining, drop your cursor on the AN and type in "0".

Edited by Saganuay82

Thats what I've been looking into. However, my luck has pretty much been null in terms of finding good shots of pilot outfits on the net. I went to Duxford Air Museum a few weeks ago and managed to get a nice high rez version of this though:

pilot1.jpg

whoa - do I see the canopy raised in that screenie? I must be missing something.

btw thanks for the help, and looking good!