Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

ID this plane for me...

I saw this twin engine single seat flying wing at an air show a year and a half ago. I can't remember the designation. I think it was Northrop...

There are 3 pics posted ion the gallery.

med_gallery_24163_63_81516.jpg

med_gallery_24163_63_53907.jpg

Actually the plane in the picture is the N-9M-B. It was a data gathering 1/3rd scale version aircraft for the XB-35 flying wing. This particular aircraft is based in California at the Chino Planes of Fame museum. It has been a frequent guest at the Edwards AFB airshow. She flew a displaced fly-by with the B-2 bomber in 2004. What a sight to see.

Please see the attached pictures

Skelator

The differences between the 2 are slight, and those pictures aren't clear enough to offer easy identifiers, so it could be the N-9M too.

I believe they said this was one a one of a kind. Thanks for the input.

The differences between the 2 are slight, and those pictures aren't clear enough to offer easy identifiers, so it could be the N-9M too.

The engine nacelles and the canopy are different from the N-1M. The right side profile in both shots are identical. I have seen this aircraft up close. at Edwards AFB. It is a beautiful work of art! Jack Northrup got it right.

The engine nacelles and the canopy are different from the N-1M. The right side profile in both shots are identical. I have seen this aircraft up close. at Edwards AFB. It is a beautiful work of art! Jack Northrup got it right.

I was awesome to watch it fly. I really enjoyed it. For a small airshow it was put on well. For those of you in Northern CA check it out http://www.pacificcoastairmuseum.org/airsh...airshow2007.asp