Sign in to follow this  

So what do I do, or how do I proceed if I want for example SFP1 with only WWII aircraft's in it ? Do I need to do a fresh or seperate installation ?

I have a completly un-modified SFP1 folder with the latest patches that I use for a basis for all my Strike Fighters installs, which I rename "Latest Patched SFP1". To add another Strike Fighters WW2 version, I think I right-click and then click on "Make copy of", which will add another folder which is named by default "Copy of Latest Patched SFP1". I then rename that folder to "Strike Fighters Project 1-WW2". Then add the WW2 planes available here and at Capun's site to the Objects folder. Add the WW2 Ground Objects available here to the Ground Objects folder in your Objects folder. The WW2 terrains for Battle of Britain, Tunisia, Malta and New Guinea are all available here, plus several older terrains and campaigns. You can setup separate installs for the European, Mediterrian and Pacific Theaters to avoid having FW-190's in the Pacific and Zero's in the Med.

One of the biggest losses to the WW2 fans was when Wolf 257 withdrew his terrific plane models, which hopefully he will bring back for those of us that appreciate and miss his great contributions!

Like NE says above, you'll probably want at LEAST 3 installs.

PTO

ETO

MTO

You could even take it further, provided you have the hard drive space, and sub-divide the theatres (ie: PTO, CBI) And of course, you'll want that way out in left field install for SWOTL2: WW2 1946 Euro (or even a PTO version ....)

There's an Eastern Front map in the works too, if I remembers correctly!

Wrench

Kevin Stein