What are the advantages of Installing WOE on top of WOV? I heard I can merge install but haven't done so since i was mainly looking for a Vietnam era game, i got other sims to satisfy my modern aircraft needs. But other than adding a couple of new aircraft/weapon, and the europe terrain, are there any improvements to the effects/graphics. If so, i'll install WOE on top of WOV but if it doesn't, then i guess i'll stick with a clean WOV.

Nope, no differences in fx/graphics

Actually, WoV doesn't get changed. The WoE installer will pull the terrain and planes from WoV into it and make a merged WoE. The WoV stays as it is.

However, if you're interested in Vietnam then the Euro terrain means nothing. I forget which planes WoE came with out of the box, but generally I think all the Vietnam-applicable ones were already in WoV.

Guest IndioBlack

One advantage is that you can upgrade your Vietnam Aircraft to 70.dll spec. So you can give your A-6 intruder a fairly accurate CCIP Bombsight in WOE's Vietnam, which isn't available in the standard WOV.

The Intruder didn't have CCIP, it had Diane. But since Diane isn't modelled, it seems fair to me to bolt on a CCIP.