Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

F-14D VF-213 "Lions Head"

airw50.jpg

Almost done....

So grubby... I love it. I'm trying to make a similar one for Marcelo's Flanker. Lousy job and girlfriend are getting in the way :biggrin:

You mean same color pattern? If so I'll send the "sandwich" I use for the Tomcat...

Flanker, thats some serious weathering! Would you be able to share some tips on how to achieve such an effect at all?

Layers, that's what I mainly use for the effect. For the most part each image map has four to five dedicated weathering (grunge, dirt, etc.) layers, of really the same opacity, but different patterns, so I can get the effect. Some are shared, some are whatever. A "Fade" layer is merely a color based on the bitmap. I.e. I take the eyedropper tool, take a sample, then usually lighten the color a bit. Then I make the "fade" layer, then I use a 1 pixel brush and scribble the lines all over the texture, sometimes particular areas have a blob area, then I take a smudge tool and move it around, which does as the layer does, fades the texture a bit due to sun.

I got a LOMAC tutorial which basically could be applied (same image format) on my site:

http://562.50megs.com/LOMAC/Tutorials/LST.zip

Plus some help came from the templates that USAFMTL hooked me up with as well ;)

Still have the "hump" on the fuselage to finish up, and should be done tomorrow..

post-5735-1175385396_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1175385402_thumb.jpg