Sign in to follow this  
baffmeister

Quicker Take Offs for WOE

Quicker Take Offs for WOE

THIS FILE IS OBSOLETE. NEWER VERSIONS THAT WORK WITH LATEST THIRDWIRE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE.

This mod will decrease your take off times by at least 50%. This is done by placing 2 aircraft on the runway and decreasing the separation between the first few aircraft on the taxiway. A couple of issues:

1. Third Wire aircraft seem to work well with this mod but some third party aircraft can tend to miss the waypoints due to "bouncing" and they may end up wandering around the airport.

2. Due to the reduced taxi and take off separation, large player flyable aircraft may overlap with the A.I. aircraft and explode on the runway. There are 2 optional files for the large airports that were tested with the TU-16 Badger but they may not work with the B-52 which hasn't been tested. If you have A.I. only large aircraft you shouldn't have a problem.

This mod uses basic runway and taxiway lighting that includes some fixes done by "Sidewinder86", "Eightlein", "Piett" and last but not least, "Comrpnt", who did the tricky fix on the large airport taxiway. Thanks Gents!

Question, can this be used to other airfields for different maps. If so, what needs to be changed, if any changes are needed at all.

There is a little bit in the read me about adapting the mod for "modfied" airports, [Approach lights, for example.] The area of the airbase.ini that contains the new taxi and takeoff waypoints is noted. The Quicker Take-Offs for Strike Fighters may be the best one to use for add on terrains but the only one I checked is "Gepards" DRV terrain. In an add on terrain, if you have a look in the target.ini and find an airport, you should get an idea what airfield.ini's the terrain is using. Here's an example from the original Strike Fighters desert terrain.

[TargetArea070]

Name=P9 Airfield

Position=705000.00,405000.00

Radius=6000

ActiveYear=0

Location=2

Alignment=ENEMY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield3.ini.....................................look here

NumSquadrons=1

Target[001].Type=Runway3

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=0

I think most third party terrains were built to be used with Strike Fighters so likely use the DESERT_AIRFIELD.INI's. Regards.

Edited by baffmeister

THIS FILE IS OBSOLETE. NEWER VERSIONS THAT WORK WITH LATEST THIRDWIRE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE.

Hello,

could anyone point me the newer versions please?

Also, would it work on SF2 terrain if adapted to the new file structure?

Edited by FrankD