Sign in to follow this  

Would it be possible to add Chaff and Flares to the F-4S?? I love flying strike missions in it but I think it would benefit from the addition.

C46th out

Would it be possible to add Chaff and Flares to the F-4S?? I love flying strike missions in it but I think it would benefit from the addition.

C46th out

yes, it's easily done as you just need to add the relevant systems.

there should be something on it in the knowledge base.

add to the data.ini ...

to the sections.. :

[Fuselage]

SystemName[020]=ChaffDispenser

SystemName[021]=ChaffDispenser2

then down after the weapon stations :

// Countermeasures ----------------------------------------------------

[ChaffDispenser]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition=-1.00,0.10,0.50

EjectVelocity=-6.00,0.00,5.00

NumChaff=30

NumFlare=0

[ChaffDispenser2]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition=1.00,0.10,0.50

EjectVelocity=6.00,0.00,15.00

NumChaff=0

NumFlare=30

Crusader

I edited the ini files as per your instructions. The only problem is that the flares and chaff seem to come out of the rear section of the upper fuselage. Anyway to fix that??

C46th out

Crusader

I edited the ini files as per your instructions. The only problem is that the flares and chaff seem to come out of the rear section of the upper fuselage. Anyway to fix that??

C46th out

Yes,

Perform a bit of research, find the exact position of the counter measure dispensers on the aircraft in question, and adjust the coordinates of the dispensers accordingly (and the eject velocity/direction, too).

For example:

EjectPosition= -1.26,-6.855,1.4

EjectVelocity= 0.0,-1.0,15.0

The 1st set of values value locates the CM dispensers on the model's fuselage or wings.

For example: ( + value = right - = left ), (+ value = Forward - value - backwards), (+ value = towards the top - value = towards the bottom)

The 2nd set of values sets the velocity that the counter measures are ejected at in relation to the above coordinates.

Thanks guys, got it worked out now. lets see if I can put those new counter-measures to good use!! enough admin, time to fly

C46th out

Crusader

C46th out

Its no problem. Thats the place where Navy F-4's have their CM dispensers installed :wink:

One trapdoor each side.

post-2042-1176754701_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I figured it out pretty fast, my neighbor was a Navy Phantom driver, he squared me away with a quickness. I tried to get him to play SFP1 but he said if he started in with the game he would never stop and his wife would divorce him. He also said I couldnt fly my way out of a paper bag.

C46th out