Sign in to follow this  
Master Chief

Suspicious e-mail

I received an e-mail this morning such as I had never seen and it sent up warnings. If I am concerned about nothing, my apologies, but it certainly seemed odd to me. I have been on some of these forums for many years and never got an e-mail like this. It would usually be posted on the site if nay work was going to be done.

Short version:

j_1582@hotmail.com

Subj: forum update

I will be attempting to update the forum. I will shut down the forum on 4/20 and reopen it 4/21. If you cannot get on don't worry it is not your fault. But it seemed strange to me that the name of the "forum" was not posted.

Again if I crying wolf I am sorry.

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

Might be from another forum you're subscribed to but it's not from us. All our mail will originate from our domain @combatace.com and resolve to our IP when viewing the message header in the email details. I do agree that it's odd that the forum wasn't mentioned so I'd probably consider that email junk. Anyway that's our position and we don't publish down times we just knock the boards off line probably because I'm not that well organized. <laughs>

Take care;

Erik Thompson

CombatACE.com