Sign in to follow this  
nele

"Flogger" low-res differentiating skins

Uh, here are some schemes I made rather quickly for home use (as defaults for the types). Those old were basically the same, making subtypes "egg-like".

MLD_4x500.jpg

"Sunworn" scheme based on default (original) one, but color set bleached to resemble one after MLD's being parked on Afghan sun.

P_camo.jpg

Scheme for MiG-23P also based on default (original), but colours are inspired by the scheme from 28GIAP interceptor squadron. Those were well-maintained "Floggers" so it was rather "goudy-camo".

Mtankgreen.jpg

Scheme for MiG-23M that resembles one of 35IAP squadron based in East Germany (the one on loadout screen), after being repainted with all-green colour that squadron got in massive quantity. It was used to paint everything that could hold that paint :rolleyes:

If you like those, I will also make a download package of those (separated from new ini package), which would be a "differentiating" one, making these as defaults. That is, if you got bored with defaults.

Tell me what you think.

Nele

I like the 'bleached' one.

What I've done on some of my skins, to get a faded look, is add another layer to the template, flood it with white, and then adjust the opactiy way down, to 'leech' some of the color out.

Of course, that has a way of sometime 'adjusting' the tire color a little gray, but I figure they aren't out there with ArmorAll making them look nice and black :biggrin:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Yes, plz release. i really like the last pic in agreen. thx.

I used master color selection replacement by selecting the light brown first and "shifting" hue. This is easily done in Corel PP. Suprisingly, it did not much affect other colors. Contrast and brightness brought the tires back into black and made those nice "washout" rivet lines prominent :biggrin:

I have also made a sort-of template by bleaching the grey skin, but I have only low-res one grey skin. If I had a hi-res skin, I would have made some prominent schemes I have found (sharkmouth "aggressor" and like) but low-res does not allow enough details.

I have all three ready, but I think that I shall send just "Tankgreen" now, since two others are just modded original camo schemes.

Note that replacement .ini files for Floggers are now up (yes!), and I have made a change of appearance default schemes ("M" is default gray, "ML" default green, "MLD" classic three-tone camo).