Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

Mission Uploaded. Berthold: The 'Iron Knight' Of Jasta 15.

Hi guys.

My new mission is now available. It's one for all those who like to fly for the 'darkside'...More than a few, I imagine!

Once again, I've tried to make it as historically accurate as possible. The Read Me explains it all...

Get it here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4569

Have fun!

Bucky

Bucky.... Sorry to say I haven't flown any of your missions yet, not into the late models much and don't have any of Capuns stuff. But would like to try your missions, have you thought about one with the early planes ?...Between Latons great work,DMs skins, and Borts early birds, which I'm pretty sure most everybody has by now...could put together a real rip snorter I'd bet!!! M-M

OK, request noted MM, early war it is! It'll be the one after next...I'll start researching it over the weekend. Thanks for your interest.

The one I'm trying to put together at the moment is another late war historical scenario, but I'm having trouble with the DFW.CV. The AI pilots seem to be having trouble flying the thing...Either perpetually looping the loop, or diving into the ground all the time.

Anyone come across this before?...Any solutions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Bucky.

Edited by Southside Bucky

Great news Bucky..well not about your Ds wierd behavior, seen it myself but can't help ya fix it ...bet peter can tho, the man is sharp on that stuff.....M-M

As a Jasta 15 late war fan this should be gooooooooooooood. I will download and try my luck as Berthold!!

jasta15

I hope it meets with your approval Jasta 15...

Don't forget, for added realism, try flying it with your left hand only! :smile:

I'd be interested to hear your views.

Regards.

Bucky.

The one I'm trying to put together at the moment is another late war historical scenario, but I'm having trouble with the DFW.CV. The AI pilots seem to be having trouble flying the thing...Either perpetually looping the loop, or diving into the ground all the time.

Anyone come across this before?...Any solutions?

Any help would be appreciated.

hi Bucky, like your missions, keep up the good work.

re DFW there are some issues, actually 3 - ai parameters (the [AIData] not the first section ), the plane crashing and the looping - all different problems!! The last one is a complex one that I don't think anyone can fix except TK (which I am sure he will do).

Anyway, like everyone I found this very frustrating, so applied applied some major surgey and got something that works well enough - I haven't played with this for two months and am travelling at moment so this is from memory- it works for player, takeoff is fine, hard/normal okay. AI will never crash plane, but sometimes does one loop/stall, then recovers. Doesn't happen often, and overall far far better.

File attached, obviously only a temp fix to an annoying problem, TK will fix I am sure, but probably in a patch, not just a FM. But if it works for you or others I might post to the CA d/l section until that time......

DFWC5_DATA.txt

Cheers

Thanks very much for your time and trouble Peter. I'll be able to finish that next mission now!

Uploading the file would be good, if you wouldn't mind...I could refer people to it in the 'Read Me' as part of the mission requirements.

Pleased to hear you like the missions. They're great fun to research and make...It's just like the good ol' days with the RB3D quick mission builder!

Thanks again, and all the best.

Bucky.

Yes the missions are good, like the feel that its sorta based on real events - I guess the immersion factor we all want.

Re uploading DFW to CA d/l section, no issues, but as I can't fly now and maybe next couple of weeks, and only played a handful of missions with the DFW when I did this initially (it is fun to shoot down tho, quite nice to fly too), I'd like to know how it goes for others first, so let me know...

Cheers

>Peter:

As noted by many, I've seen the DFWC5 doing the loop-to-death, but have not for a looong time. Bizarre that it is intermittent...no?

Very glad to download your "fix" however temporary it is. Thank you.

Any recommendations on how to tweak it into a DFWC1 ???

I suppose just reducing power appropriately, but is that enough?

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Think their is a real difficulty with the stock DFW Bandy, and it was happening all the time for me at least - but have to give TK full marks, actually 110%, because he's trying to get a better plane for the game in the long run (different feel, behavior for bombers), and he will solve it....of course I could be all wrong about this.

Guess that reducing power (assume you know how to do this) will result in probably a slightly better ie more stable plane for the C1 than the C5 (for my temp FM only), as well as reducing performance slighty. However cos you reduce power you have to check that it still takes off for the player okay in hard FM, AI will be fine.

If it works just post at CA and join modding club if you want - I can't test or do this for a few weeks.

Edited by peter01