Sign in to follow this  
BOOM

A little help

I pre-ordered the NA version a couple days ago and its due to arrive on May 7th. Only one little problem...I am WAY overdue for a vid card replacement. I'm going to get an 8800 in mid June but is there any way to run the game at reasonable fps with this piece of junk. I have the demo and it runs horribly compared to WoV (of course) and AA (everyone on their forms complains about how the speed of AA is horrible compared to other games. They havn't seen this one yet) Also i have an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ and 1.5 gig of ram. Will an 8800 be overkill for the system? Don't worry about the PSU, I got it with this in mind.

BTW: how come no one who plays the demo seems to be able to fly the darn helis? There always seems to be a large pile of burning heli frames laying all over the bases. Because i can't really kill anyone doing 10 fps and because of my flight sim obsession, I usually get stuck flying the blackhawk around.

The helos take some practice to get the hang of.

As for the 5200, that card is old and too low-powered for what ArmA tries to do. An 8800GTX would probably be overkill, but a GTS should be fine. With that, of course, you'll know it's your CPU that's holding you back. :wink:

I've got a 8800GTX running everything on medium, except with post processing on low, I hate the effect at the moment, gonna take me a while to get used to it. But I know of people running on high and very high. But My CPU doesnt meet the specs (2.2Ghz) so it's probably that deragging everything down.