Sign in to follow this  

I've tried everything guys.Still cant get those wingtanks to show up on the f-86 in the korean mod of sfp1.Gave the weapons pack a try, edited every ini. file I could think of . My dual NVIDIA GEFORCE BFG 7950's GTOC's seem to be running fine . What if anything could I be missing?

Did you check the numbering of where you drop tanks are in the weapondatat.ini? Have you opened the weapondata.ini in the wep editor?

SLI videocards would have absolutely no relevance to fuel tanks in a game...

Guest Sony Tuckson

This arise a few questions to find a solution

first, do the fuel tanks appear in the list of avbl loads on the left panel ?

As far as I can see on your screenshot, no

This means only one thing, the fuel tanks aren't declared in the weapons pack you use

to solve this: open the weaponsdata.ini file and add the following at the end of it:

[WeaponData...]

TypeName=Tank_f86

FullName=F-86F Drop Tank

ModelName=Tank_f86

Mass=680.400024

Diameter=0.680000

Length=4.500000

AttachmentType=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=589.450012

Asymmetrical=FALSE

add a figure to the [WeaponData] entry (that is, remove the three little point and add a three figure number, being in sequence with the last one og the initial file, no double entry or holes in the sequence are accepted).

save the file

then, open the same file with the weapons editor and resave it without altering anything (this will create a dat file, which is not editable, but which is used by the game)

this will solve the problem

second thing, check if all three tank_f86 files are avbl in the main weapons folder (an ini, a lod and a bmp file)

This arise a few questions to find a solution

first, do the fuel tanks appear in the list of avbl loads on the left panel ?

As far as I can see on your screenshot, no

This means only one thing, the fuel tanks aren't declared in the weapons pack you use

to solve this: open the weaponsdata.ini file and add the following at the end of it:

[WeaponData...]

TypeName=Tank_f86

FullName=F-86F Drop Tank

ModelName=Tank_f86

Mass=680.400024

Diameter=0.680000

Length=4.500000

AttachmentType=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=589.450012

Asymmetrical=FALSE

add a figure to the [WeaponData] entry (that is, remove the three little point and add a three figure number, being in sequence with the last one og the initial file, no double entry or holes in the sequence are accepted).

save the file

then, open the same file with the weapons editor and resave it without altering anything (this will create a dat file, which is not editable, but which is used by the game)

this will solve the problem

second thing, check if all three tank_f86 files are avbl in the main weapons folder (an ini, a lod and a bmp file)

I'm sorry your having this problem... though I don't quite understand why it's happening. The sabers in default after SP3 require the weapons pack (As they are defaulted in the package)...

Try downloading the ones from my website see if that makes any difference... I just downloaded all of them and all show tanks and weapons loadouts.

This about all I can offer as an solution.

ZUR-TECH.com

SLI videocards would have absolutely no relevance to fuel tanks in a game...

Show off!!!! :rofl:

I,ve tried all these things, but no go,I give up

Thats the spirit...... :dntknw: Have you added other weapons before? This stuff isn't rocket science but it's easy to miss a step.

I,ve tried all these things, but no go,I give up

One minor thing...did you check the F86 data.ini to make sure the hard point can carry fuel tanks (see note):

[LeftWingStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=01

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.75,0.52,-0.86

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=700.0

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,BOMB <----- Should see FT at the hardpoint.

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF

ModelNodeName=left_pylon

PylonMass=40.0

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank_f86

FastCargo

Thats the spirit...... :dntknw: Have you added other weapons before? This stuff isn't rocket science but it's easy to miss a step. go through the process with us on how you added them.

Yup I checked all the ini files making sure all the numbers are there,I checked the weaponsdata file making sure all the x's where crossed. Everything seems to be there and in the right place I just cant get the tanks to show up in the loadout even on a reconn mission.Here's one thing I did notice thats kinda different I got SFP1 from a digital download it says its version 11.05.04 when I try installing the weapons pack it wont start up,if I delete the weapons pack off we go it will start up fine,also noticed it doesn't have a weapons folder like WOV or WOE and it Doesn't come with the F-86 already in game.I'll keep trying forget what I said in my last post.

its version 11.05.04

There are updates more recent than that release. The latest weapons editor was updated and released in June of 2006 to work in conjunction with SP4, and may not work on earlier versions. Update your install to SP4: http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_sfp1.htm