Hey,

Yet another newbie query, how would I go about enabling the heavy AAA burst's that are in the Israel and Suez terrain, in my stock desert and Deuces terrain ? Any ideas ? Because When I set AAA activity to heavy all I get is more along the lines of an increased number of M-55's etc.

TIA. :smile:

Edited by Atreides

That's because there aren't any Western AAA units, other than the M-55 Quad 50, M35 gun truck, M-163 Vulcan.

Have you added any of the items from Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak??? You'll find the M-42 Duster, M48A1 Chaparral (while in reality a mobile SAM, it's set as mobile AAA), a mod I did of the KS19 creating a US 90mm AA gun.

In the WW2 side, you'll find the 40mm Bofors, 3.7in UK gun, plus all the German stuff.

For the Red side...well, this list is extensive.

All are available at my site (link below in sig), or here at CA in the non-aircraft objects section. You'll need the latest weapons pak for the guns and SAMs, but it should all just drop in. All vehicles in the pak I've uploaded are updated to the latest groundobject standard.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

how would I go about enabling the heavy AAA burst's that are in the Israel and Suez terrain, in my stock desert and Deuces terrain ? Any ideas ? Because When I set AAA activity to heavy all I get is more along the lines of an increased number of M-55's etc.

This is on my list of things to fix with the GermanyCE map after I get the Nike-Herc batteries placed.

Most of the NATO Air Defense units depicted on the current map would never be found around static targets as they were divisional level assets. What is missing for static defenses are the 40mm and 20mm guns which were used until the 1980s (non-US) and 75mm & 90mm guns which were phased out in the late 1950's and 60's. The US Army & Airforce had & have no serious close-in air defense assets for airfields or other static targets, relying on HAWK, Nike-Herc and later Patriot units to cover multiple potential targets. The Chapparels and Vulcan's were issued in small numbers to armor and infantry divisions - hardly enough to defend divisional support units less so the maneuver brigades. Perhaps this was done because of the belief that the US Airforce would knock out Warsaw Pact air forces. Similar to WW2 and Korea where air defense units were superfluous and used against ground targets.

Doctrine has recently changed. Since there is no viable air threat against our ground forces, now seemingly everything on wheels or tracks has mounted Stinger capability. Not to mention all the man-portable Stingers. Go figure....

Like This

Skysweeper.jpg

75mm Skysweeper

I've wanted somebody to build us a Skysweep for the last 3 years!!

They com in quite handy in hunting the wiley English Sparrow (or is it an Africian Swallow...I forget!)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

The only problem is that my modellng class isn't going to be modelling for the rest of the shcool year and I don't have Lightwave yet (next Christmas, and yes I said lightwave). Tomorrow I will export it to 3ds max format so if some one wants to finnish it, that would be great. I really wish I could finnish this.