Sign in to follow this  
WombRaider

cvn-75 project I need help!

Hello,

I am trying to make the DigitalOverlord Truman carrier in different Nimitz classes. I saw a picture of the nimitz, and I see it can be done.

How do I change the deck decal, I see the TGA, but when I add the default numbers to it, the are way too big, and do not show up.

I also wanted to know how I could ditch the lightmap of "75" on the side of the ship totally. I have found which TGA file it goes to, but when I delete the file, there is a nice big white patch on the ship, where the number goes.

If I could get those 2 things done, I will have all 9 Nimitz class ships.

I would be happy to make an installer, and share it with everyone here, assuming Digital Overlord does not get mad (informally asking permission) he he he!

Thanks to anyone that can help me

WombRaider

Hello,

I am trying to make the DigitalOverlord Truman carrier in different Nimitz classes. I saw a picture of the nimitz, and I see it can be done.

How do I change the deck decal, I see the TGA, but when I add the default numbers to it, the are way too big, and do not show up.

I also wanted to know how I could ditch the lightmap of "75" on the side of the ship totally. I have found which TGA file it goes to, but when I delete the file, there is a nice big white patch on the ship, where the number goes.

If I could get those 2 things done, I will have all 9 Nimitz class ships.

I would be happy to make an installer, and share it with everyone here, assuming Digital Overlord does not get mad (informally asking permission) he he he!

Thanks to anyone that can help me

WombRaider

Figured it out, and it turned out pretty damn nice!

Hey digital, can I post your carrier(with my numbers, and such) so that everyone can have their favorite nimitz class carrier to shoot off of?

I hope he responds soon. Your best bet may be to shoot him a PM. I am building a more modern day campaign using some of the terrains and I could very well use some of the Nimitz class carriers. In fact the Nimitz in one that I would need.

I was on Nimitz from 84-87, we weren't in the med during the Libya raids. We cruised in 85 and 87.

If my old memory serves me right, It was USS America, USS Saratoga and USS Coral Sea that did the Libya bombings for the Navy.

CVW-8 was deployed onboard the Nimitz during a Med cruise from Dec 86 until Jul 87. I have not officially finalized the dates of my campaign but with the current time preriod I am looking at the carriers would be America, Forrestal, and right at the early stages of John F Kennedy's cruise. (looking around 6 months after the initial bombings of Libya.)

Also bear in mind this is a fictional campaign. (based around Libya building up forces following our bombing raid as a sign of defiance with a possible invasion of Chad or Egypt a result of it. It is quite possible that the Nimitz's Med cruise could not have been pushed up a few months to handle the situation in the Med.

Edited by {FL}Hausser

CVW-8 was deployed onboard the Nimitz during a Med cruise from Dec 86 until Jul 87. I have not officially finalized the dates of my campaign but with the current time preriod I am looking at the carriers would be America, Forrestal, and right at the early stages of John F Kennedy's cruise. (looking around 6 months after the initial bombings of Libya.)

Also bear in mind this is a fictional campaign. (based around Libya building up forces following our bombing raid as a sign of defiance with a possible invasion of Chad or Egypt a result of it. It is quite possible that the Nimitz's Med cruise could not have been pushed up a few months to handle the situation in the Med.

Hey I started a campaign using the Libya terrain ages ago, you want it?

CVW-8 was deployed onboard the Nimitz during a Med cruise from Dec 86 until Jul 87.

Yepper, I was on that one!