Sign in to follow this  

Thats fine Mannie, but we need an IAF skin first!

There's already a desert A-10 skin. Throwing some Decals (throw some D's!) on it would be pretty lazy, but it would function.

Hi Allen.

There is a PM on its way to you.

Check it please. :biggrin:

Cheers.

Some new decals out at Hannants this week for anyone thinking of doing some skinning:

SKY'S DECALS plus re-stock of Sold Out kits

Decals (military aircraft)

SD24030 1:32 P-51D Mustang in Israeli service. P-51D from 101 First Fighter Sqn overall grey; 105 The Scorpion Sqn and 116 Flying Wing in blue/brown camo. £16.99 £14.46

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SD24030

SD32028 1:32 Israeli AF A-4H/N/E/F & TA-4H/J/F `Ayit' Skyhawk. Includes markings and numbers to make any A-4 in Israeli Service from The Flying Tigers, The Flying Dragon; The Flying Wing; The Golden Eagle; The Valley; The Knights of the North; The Battering Ram Squadrons, IAF Flight School; £17.99 £15.31

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SD32028

SD32029 1:32 Avia S-199 and P-51D Mustang in Israeli service. S-199 from 101 The First Fighter Sqn; Overall grey or camoflaged; P-51D from 101 First Fighter Sqn overall grey; 105 The Scorpion Sqn and 116 Flying Wing in blue/brown camo. £17.99 £15.31

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SD32029

SD48026 1:48 Israeli AF A-4H/N/E/F & TA-4H/J/F `Ayit' Skyhawk. Includes markings and numbers to make any A-4 in Israeli Service from The Flying Tigers, The Flying Dragon; The Flying Wing; The Golden Eagle; The Valley; The Knights of the North; The Battering Ram Squadrons, IAF Flight School; £16.99 £14.46

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SD48026

SD72027 1:72 Israeli AF A-4H/N/E/F & TA-4H/J/F `Ayit' Skyhawk. Includes markings and numbers to make any A-4 in Israeli Service from The Flying Tigers, The Flying Dragon; The Flying Wing; The Golden Eagle; The Valley; The Knights of the North; The Battering Ram Squadrons, IAF Flight School; £16.35 £13.91

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=SD72027

Add the F-22!

Mannie uploaded it today!

Hi Allen.

I think we need a suitable name for the new F-22 "now in the service of the Israeli air force" :wink::biggrin:

Well how about TOREF ? (predator in english.)

Its even close to its original name raptor. :biggrin:

IDF skin is available at CA download section.

skin made by HrntFixr. :clapping:

Cheers. :good:

Edited by MannieB.

Toref... Sounds cool.

Great stuff guys. I'll update the list. I think the IAF going to buy the F-22 for real so we may need to change this at some point!

I've been having a bit of a play myself:

FastCargo's F-15D Active + Hrntfixr's IAF F-15E skin =

Dumbo.jpg

The Israeli top brass, in a peculiar mangling of Hebrew and English, called it 'Baz Active', but the aircrew affectionately re-named it 'Dumbo'!

Egads that skin is old!!!! It hurts my eyes! :rofl:

Maybe a re-vamp will come for all my old IAF camo's, after the list of stuff I have going now.

Or better yet the F-15I skin is better...here at CA.

Egads that skin is old!!!! It hurts my eyes! :rofl:

Maybe a re-vamp will come for all my old IAF camo's, after the list of stuff I have going now.

Or better yet the F-15I skin is better...here at CA.

That was funny!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Thanks to Deadhead for an AH-1W skin and to Stormtrooper for a long awaited skin for the AH-1G.

I've added the AH-1W to the fictional list too.

You'll have noticed that this is now a sticky. Thanks to USAFMTL for his prompt response!

My intention is to update the first post with links to all of the available mods in the list.

Please feel free to add your all your IAF related screenies, WIPs etc here for everyone to see centrally.

Thanks for your support so far. Now WOI is here the sky is the limit!

OK, links for all of the available aircraft are now in place. I'll be doing the skins next, and then the other available mods.

The new War of Attrition campaign by R. Lee "Banger" Sullivan is now available. It nicely closes the gap between 1967 and 1973.

It also got me thinking...

With various people working on the 1948 era and the 1956 Suez/Sinai campagn and the imminent upgrading of the ultra-modern F-15I & f-16I, it should be possible to create similar campaigns to fill in the periods between the other wars. And if this is the case, could this become the first sim available to span 60 years of continuous air warfare?

And from this...how about a super-campaign spanning the full period? You join say, 101 squadron flying Avia S199s in 1948, and upgrade through Spitfires, P-51s, Mysteres, Mirages, Neshers, Kfir C1, and C2 to complete the campaign on the F-16C or F-16D in 2008. Bet you would have some war stories when you finally retired!

C-130H skin for WoI

GCS0021-2.jpg

Requested skin for USAFMTL

Nice skin Jim.

Just one point though, the only time I've ever seen Israeli C-130s with the Israel Air Force markings on the forward fuselage is at airshows. The operational birds don't appear to have them. Is there any chance you could do a version of the skin without these markings?

No big deal if you can't.

It's a decal ... simply remove that from from the decal.ini.

Ok - that'll teach me to post before trying it!

List updated for the latest mods:

F-15I and F-16I - thanks to USAFMTL and team

C-130H skin thanks to Hrntfxr and Dels

WOI campaign expansion - thanks to Johan

War of Attrition and Golan Stalemate campaigns - thanks to Pancho

An embarassment of riches with this update:

The Mirage Factory have brought us multiple versions of the F-4E Kurnass, the RF-4E and a WOI weapons pack too!

Pancho has completed his trilogy of 'filler campaigns' with his War for the Water, covering 1963-67

Kout has produced an essential new mainscreen for WOI

All linked on the list.

Added some more links - mostly skins left to do now. I'll try to get them done this week.

OK, the list and links are now as fully up to date as I can get them.

If there is anything I've missed please let me know, and if anyone has some WIPs they want to post here please feel free.

Aren't F-15Cs and F-15Ds known as Akefs?

I've added some IAF themed websites to the bottom of the list. Please let me know of any more and I'll add those in future.

And where are all of the WIPs!!!??