Sign in to follow this  
mustang60348

Can weaponeditor take command line parameters

I am looking to develop a program (assuming there already isn't one) that would allow me to run the weaponeditor on an existing .ini file to create a new weapondata.dat file

iow, I have a custom weapon , I have created an .ini file for it, I want to have an external program that will add the .ini file to the end of the weapondata.ini file, save the weapondata.ini file , then run (non interactively) the weaponeditor and create the new weapondata.dat file.

Guest Saganuay82

Ah yeah, its called the Weapon Editor and Gun Editor and they come with the patches. Look for a folder in your main game folder. Its been around for awhile.

Ah yeah, its called the Weapon Editor and Gun Editor and they come with the patches. Look for a folder in your main game folder. Its been around for awhile.

I think you misunderstood, I want to use the programs you mentioned in a non interactive way. IOW< run those programs with a command line parameter that will automatically create the weapondata.dat file.

Guest Saganuay82

Well when you open the weapondata.ini and click Save in it, it creates a new dat. Isn't that what what you want?

Well when you open the weapondata.ini and click Save in it, it creates a new dat. Isn't that what what you want?

Except that is interactive, I want to do it non interactive by simply passing it a command line parameter which includes the name of the weapondata.ini file, it then creates the weapondata.dat

Guest Saganuay82

Why?

Sorry no idea - You could ask TK at ThirdWire(Maybe?) - think they developed them.

It normally only takes a few secs to merge inis together and create the dat files manually so I would b surprised if anyone has looked into this.

Edited by CoolHand29

Why?

I am writing an installer for an aircraft release. It has custom weapons and I want it to be 100% seamless for the users therefore I don't the users to have to edit any files, or manipulate .ini files in way.

Of course I don't want it to interfere with any other installations either. My theory being that I will load the current weapondata.ini , add my custom stuff to the end, read the last weapon number, make the appropriate changes to the ini and then create the .dat file from that.

Edited by mustang60348

Sorry no idea - You could ask TK at ThirdWire(Maybe?) - think they developed them.

It normally only takes a few secs to merge inis together and create the dat files manually so I would b surprised if anyone has looked into this.

I agree, but this release 'needs' to be seamless for the users.

Guest Saganuay82

Ahhhhh I see now.

Good idea and good luck if you get it to work. I don't know about most users but anything in this community that tries to do it for me, I shy away from. Too many chances to screw up my install. Even the Mirage factory auto installers I point to a blank folder on the desktop and drop it in there first.

Ahhhhh I see now.

Good idea and good luck if you get it to work. I don't know about most users but anything in this community that tries to do it for me, I shy away from. Too many chances to screw up my install. Even the Mirage factory auto installers I point to a blank folder on the desktop and drop it in there first.

Normally I agree, but this release needs this.

Guest Saganuay82

Well what is it then? What is so special it needs a special weapons editor?