Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

Edwards KAW mod

Guest Saganuay82

Since it was done prior to clouds. Has anyone installed this post patch 4? Tired of chasing MiGs with no clouds.

I'm sure Wrench has. I'm just wondering if any of the pre patch 4 files included in the download will have an adverse effect?

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah, it works. not a campaign guy but clouds are much better. Just moved everything over from the old install. Just have to fix the environment now.

hven't gotten back to Korea yet....still stuck in the Sanbox! (figureativly speaking)

I haven't played the campaign, but the clouds are working in my patched version. I don't remember which terrain/targets version I'm using though.....I'd rebuild the targets/types inis, and don't know if they work with the new terrain (know they won't with the full sized...stuff will be waaaay off!)

With the old, 'standard' sized, they will.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah the non payware vers is the one I am talking about. There was the "new" Korea terrain that came out a few months ago that I was using in a general install but not in the KAW mod.

Guest Tazkiller

Its seems this new korean terrain is a different scale also.

Maybe when Edward comes back we can get word on it.

It been my luck that all Korean Terrains are very stable post patch 4.

Everything is working with no problems for me at latest patches. On a scaled updated terrain. Just a minor ini work if i remember correctly.

All works in KAW except the carrier missions. Regardless of ALL the fixes I've tried listed in all the posts here, my AC explodes immediately after loadup...

Does it work for anyone else???

Guest Saganuay82

Guest Tazkiller

The ships used in edwards korean campaign have not been updated to the lastest patch standards.

Do the dance.

Sounds like Falcon 4.0

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been flying the KAW campaign with Edward's latest update, using the lastest TW patch with clouds and all. I updated the ground objects myself to work with SP4 standard, so all the tanks and guns and ships are where they should be. Even using Razbam's payware Banshee. Gotta love flying to the Toko-Ri target in that baby.

KAW is one of my favorite campaigns. It works well ...

... with one puzzling exception, regarding carriers. Returing from a mission, inevitably, I can't find the boat. The boat is never where the map says it should be, or where Red Crown says it is. Put the aircraft on autopilot, it'll try to land on the ocean or just crash into the sea. Sometimes, I hunt around and get lucky and find the boat. Other times, I'm convinced the boat has flat disappeared, since I can't locate it toggling through ground objects using the F7 key. Most times, I'm SOL, so I fly back to Kimpo and land.

Anybody else experience this phenomena? Any ideas?