Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tazkiller

A.I. Controlled Aircraft

Guest Tazkiller

It has been my observation that the A.I. controlled aircraft due not fly by the same set of rules as the player aircraft.

By this I mean they seen to operate under a more simple flight model.

Today was flying a mission. Used the debugg feature.

My wingman ran out of fuel, yet the aircraft flew right on another 150 miles.

Unless this something I do not have set properly, this IMHO is a major bug, and needs adressed in the next patch.

The more you truely fly this simulation, the more you see how underdeveloped it is.

It has been my observation that the A.I. controlled aircraft due not fly by the same set of rules as the player aircraft.

By this I mean they seen to operate under a more simple flight model.

Today was flying a mission. Used the debugg feature.

My wingman ran out of fuel, yet the aircraft flew right on another 150 miles.

Unless this something I do not have set properly, this IMHO is a major bug, and needs adressed in the next patch.

The more you truely fly this simulation, the more you see how underdeveloped it is.

yah..... :dntknw:

There's an UberAI mod at this site:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2673

....other than that, there's not much else that can be done. I dogfights, the AI seems to manage afterburner and fuel as well as energy. But you see for your self..... :wink:

Well...I have given up bitching about the AI, even with the mod they do not really seem to be smarter.

But there is something that confuses me:

abkb5.th.jpg

I have observed frequently that Tomcats ordered to attack a specific target hit the AB, but immediately use the airbrake and keep flying like shown in the picture above... :dntknw:

Edited by Gocad

Well...I have given up bitching about the AI, even with the mod they do not really seem to be smarter.

abkb5.th.jpg

I have observed frequently that Tomcats ordered to attack a specific target hit the AB, but immediately use the airbrake and keep flying like shown in the picture above... :dntknw:

I think not only Tomcats tend to that. IIRC I've already seen Phantoms and Floggers doing so as well.

Guest Tazkiller

abkb5.th.jpg

The only real improvement in A.I. performance is with Nick Bell's squadron editor. I.M.H.O. one of the most overlooked tools developed so far. http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4514

There is one more trick how to improve the uber ai mod:

Open the AIRCRAFTOBJECT file that comes whit the mod whit notepad and scroll down to [DogfightAce] part, then copy the data below it and replace the data under [DogfightVeteran], [DogfightRegular], [DogfightGreen] and [DogfightNovice] whit [DogfightAce] part (paragraph). Be sure to leave the names of [DogfightRegular], [DogfightGreen] and [DogfightNovice] (paragraph) unchanged just change the data under the names.

This really makes the difference.

Hope you understood what I wanted to explain here.

Sorry for my English, I know its not perfect.

abkb5.th.jpg

It was either USAFMTL or fubar who just said it in another thread, they do that to maintain corner speed.