I've wondered about this one for a while.

In all three campaigns i did until i was grounded, i set virtually everything for as real as it could get. However, things were to the point in my first go around that by the time i got shot down on mission #85 i was flying them on my own since every other guy in my Squadron was gone.

Is there any way of setting it up to get replacements? Since we are here, how about replacement planes as well?

I've wondered about this one for a while.

In all three campaigns i did until i was grounded, i set virtually everything for as real as it could get. However, things were to the point in my first go around that by the time i got shot down on mission #85 i was flying them on my own since every other guy in my Squadron was gone.

Is there any way of setting it up to get replacements? Since we are here, how about replacement planes as well?

Ive never seen any replacement pilots - not to say you dont get them - try baby sitting your wingies better (ie only let them attack AAA with bombs for example)

the planes do get replaced i think as per these lines in the campaign dataini:

Supply=100

NormalSupplyRate=50

OffensiveSupplyRate=-5

DefensiveSupplyRate=-5

SupplyForOffensive=0

AircraftReplacementTime=30

AircraftReplacement=60

GroundUnitReplacementTime=60

GroundUnitReplacement=100

RandomTransportType=ANY

WeaponResupplyTime=15

StartAirDefenseLevel=0

They're supposed to be, but I've never seen it happen.

There's a squadron editor posted in the files section, you can use that to change pilot's stats and whether they're KIA, MIA or active. You could change a dead or missing pilots name, exp and make them alive again as a makeshift pilot replacement.

There's nothing you can't fix with enough duct tape.

Pilots DO get replaced. I'm on the 1979 WOE campaign (that I modified to have carrier, British Navy, French, USN and USMC ops) and my Harriers were getting slowly decimated. At about the 3 week point, I did get replacement pilots...thank God...cause I was about down to a 8 ship...

FastCargo

Hey Eraser:

Did you know that duct tape is like "The Force".

It has a dark side,a light side and it holds the universe together. FOFLOL :rofl:

Ive never seen any replacement pilots - not to say you dont get them - try baby sitting your wingies better (ie only let them attack AAA with bombs for example)

the planes do get replaced i think as per these lines in the campaign dataini:

Supply=100

NormalSupplyRate=50

OffensiveSupplyRate=-5

DefensiveSupplyRate=-5

SupplyForOffensive=0

AircraftReplacementTime=30

AircraftReplacement=60

GroundUnitReplacementTime=60

GroundUnitReplacement=100

RandomTransportType=ANY

WeaponResupplyTime=15

StartAirDefenseLevel=0

I did my best with my squadron.

As a matter of fact, i would only load bombs on my wingmans plane and my own and have everyone else just along for the ride. That was before i found out about using 0 20mm and just loading them up with CBUs. The majority of the losses were to SAMs with a couple being shot down by AAA while at low level.

Speaking of low level... I remember one mission where a bug came into play. While going in low and fast near Haiphong i noticed buildings in an urban area floating in the air at about 500 ft. At about the same time i toggled around my flights and noticed ALL of them going nose down to the ground. At the time i was so busy with the local defenses that i forced myself to ignore that and carried on.

After the bomb drop, only my wingman showed up. 7 Thuds were lost that day and my wingman was shot down by AAA a few days later.

In the last campaign i was doing, In the course of about 51 missions we had no fewer than 8 pilots KIA and 1 wounded. One was downed by AAA and the rest to SAMs. I wish to hell we could keep the Squadron up to strength insead of looking like a suicide unit.

Well it doesn't help that by default the AI hates going under 1000ft and prefers flying in a perfectly straight line when a SAM is launched - only thing you can do there is break so they follow you. I think they actually use ECM now anyway.

If anyone knows the frequency of pilot replacement then let us know please.

havn't seen any building at 500ft yet - dont even get that in Falcon these days !