Sign in to follow this  
atoll1

3 confirmation questions

Still being new to STL and trying to figure out the best solution:

1. Is there a way to detach the camera from the ship we’re controlling so that we can change the camera’s angle or move the camera separately from the ships? (that's asking more than what STL or the "free cam" mod does right?)

2. How to create another install of the game – just duplicate the STL folder to make a new renamed folder for mods, right?

3. Has the AI enemy selection been unlocked by some enterprising modder? I take it not..?

Thank you in advance for your help and answers. :yes:

Still being new to STL and trying to figure out the best solution:

1. Is there a way to detach the camera from the ship we’re controlling so that we can change the camera’s angle or move the camera separately from the ships? (that's asking more than what STL or the "free cam" mod does right?)

2. How to create another install of the game – just duplicate the STL folder to make a new renamed folder for mods, right?

3. Has the AI enemy selection been unlocked by some enterprising modder? I take it not..?

Thank you in advance for your help and answers. :yes:

to try and answer a couple of your questions:

1- no theres no way to detatch the camera.sorry perhaps down the road.

2- yes,the simple way is to have an install all patched up and then make a copy,rename it and the exe.I have a total of 4 installs going rightnow.

3- sorry this one needs one of the mod teams to answer.

1. The free cam mod, which is included in TLG, and UUM I believe, allows you to detach the camera from the ship and move it independently, though I've only used it while the game was paused, and haven't tried running it with the game in action to see how things go.

2. As Dagger said, just copying the original install works. If you're going to be installing multiple mods, I'd suggest labeling one folder 'Clean Install' or something, and don't install any mods on it, so you have a clean install ready to go if needed.

3. Not that I know of. This might not even be possible for mod teams to do without an SDK, because there might not be any lines of code in the .exe file that would allow for that.

Edited by Ilithi Dragon

i thought he meant to just roam around space in free camera,sorry.you can rotate and move up and down,but i have yet to figure out how to zoom or just fly around.

i thought he meant to just roam around space in free camera,sorry.you can rotate and move up and down,but i have yet to figure out how to zoom or just fly around.

Thank you Dagger and Ilithi Dragon for your input!

I'll try the free cam mod. Yes, I was hoping for a camera that allows roaming. Doesn't "The free cam mod, which is included in TLG, and UUM I believe, allows you to detach the camera from the ship and move it independently" sound like the ability to roam since it detaches itself from the ship? I haven't gotten the free cam mod yet, but is there a special key to detach the camera?

Thanks again for your input - I don't feel so frustrated now that I know I'm not the only one hoping for zoom controls too! :yes:

Thank you Dagger and Ilithi Dragon for your input!

I'll try the free cam mod. Yes, I was hoping for a camera that allows roaming. Doesn't "The free cam mod, which is included in TLG, and UUM I believe, allows you to detach the camera from the ship and move it independently" sound like the ability to roam since it detaches itself from the ship? I haven't gotten the free cam mod yet, but is there a special key to detach the camera?

Thanks again for your input - I don't feel so frustrated now that I know I'm not the only one hoping for zoom controls too! :yes:

when you install the UU and TLG mods you can get to the free camera by using the ESC key during gameplay and you'll have the free camera option.BUT it only works once per mission.

ehh while were asking questions i have one why does my camra angle spin unless i'm locked on a target??

when you install the UU and TLG mods you can get to the free camera by using the ESC key during gameplay and you'll have the free camera option.BUT it only works once per mission.

Thank you - I'll try it out...

ehh while were asking questions i have one why does my camra angle spin unless i'm locked on a target??

do you have a joystick installed?If so check to make sure theres no sliders or wheels turned.my X-45 did that and it was from where i had been flying and one of the wheels was turned for trimming my airplane,it made my view spin.set the wheel to neutral and fixed the problem.

do you have a joystick installed?If so check to make sure theres no sliders or wheels turned.my X-45 did that and it was from where i had been flying and one of the wheels was turned for trimming my airplane,it made my view spin.set the wheel to neutral and fixed the problem.

I had the same problem, and it was also my joystick. I unplugged it, and no more problems.

Also, to get the freecam to roam, you'll need a joystick plugged in. I haven't figured out which keys on the keyboard, if any, correspond to the forward/back camera controls yet (shows how much I've used the free cam), but the joystick moves it around just fine.

wow i have the x-45 as well and just check it and guess what lol one of my trom tabs was moved lol now let see if that fixes it

hope that fixes it for ya.I was so mad when it happened to me...i asked over on the bethsoft site,and then i couldn't believe it was that simple.

there are actually a ton of AI values in the config file, I've messed with them a bit in the mod I'm making. before you mess with the config make a back up every time and make sure every little thing you change doesn't crash the game. the weirdest little value tweek can crash it, trust me I've spent a solid month on my config file.

sorry for posting late bro but yes it was my x-45 trim tab lol its always the simple things