Ok, I'm having a video driver issue when I play WOE. I get um... fuzzy clouds. Actually, anything that's a particle object ends up looking fuzzy. Anyways, I'm running a GeForce 8800 GTX. USAFMTL directed me to guru3d.com where they do have a lot of driver updates, and I did download and installed the latest one, but I still get fuzzy clouds. So, anyone out there know of a good place where I can get a good update. You would think Nividia would have something, but those bum f-rs don't have crap.

Ok, I'm having a video driver issue when I play WOE. I get um... fuzzy clouds. Actually, anything that's a particle object ends up looking fuzzy. Anyways, I'm running a GeForce 8800 GTX. USAFMTL directed me to guru3d.com where they do have a lot of driver updates, and I did download and installed the latest one, but I still get fuzzy clouds. So, anyone out there know of a good place where I can get a good update. You would think Nividia would have something, but those bum f-rs don't have crap.

I had an issue similar to yours once... Solved it by using a program that fully removes video drivers and did a re-install. Don't recall the program (I want to say it was something like "drivercleaner" or "driverclean"... something along those lines)

Seems something got pooched when I updated the drivers "over" an existing set without uninstalling them first...

Edited by Zurawski

It may be because your 8800 uses Directx10, instead of Directx9.0c. For video drivers and utilities, guru3d is the best stop on the web. You might have to revert back to Directx9.0c, which I think Sony touched on when he was giving tips on using Vista with Thirdwire sims. With Vista, you get Directx10, whether you want it or not. You might take a look on the Thirdwire forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

The program Zur is probably referring to is Driver Cleaner Pro, which is available at guru3d. With Nvidia video drivers first use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall ONLY the video drivers (Not the chipset drivers if you're using a Nvidia chipset motherboard!), then re-boot in Safe Mode (F5), run Driver Cleaner Pro, install the new Nvidia video drivers, then re-boot.

I change video drivers more often then most people change underwear, and the above procedure works like a champ!

Edited by NeverEnough

It may be because your 8800 uses Directx10, instead of Directx9.0c. For video drivers and utilities, guru3d is the best stop on the web. You might have to revert back to Directx9.0c, which I think Sony touched on when he was giving tips on using Vista with Thirdwire sims. With Vista, you get Directx10, whether you want it or not. You might take a look on the Thirdwire forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

The program Zur is probably referring to is Driver Cleaner Pro, which is available at guru3d. With Nvidia video drivers first use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall ONLY the video drivers (Not the chipset drivers if you're using a Nvidia chipset motherboard!), then re-boot in Safe Mode (F5), run Driver Cleaner Pro, install the new Nvidia video drivers, then re-boot.

I change video drivers more often then most people change underwear, and the above procedure works like a champ!

Didn't work. I do have DX 9.0c, i used Driver Cleaner Pro, and updated the driver the way you suggested. I still get fuzzy clouds. Perhaps my pc is on meth.

So I take it that I'm pretty much SOL here with my graphics issues with the clouds and smoke and other stuff.

Do you change the advanced profile for your card - setting things like Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering? - you may want to experiment with setting those values to see if anything improves.

Do you change the advanced profile for your card - setting things like Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering? - you may want to experiment with setting those values to see if anything improves.

Oh I definately made sure those things were tweaked for max quality. Still no change.