Sign in to follow this  
wingwiner

Unknown blue error on textures displayed

Problem : since Ive applied SP1 service pack 4 and patch v 08.30.06 some unknown issues are visible on aircraft textures which should be SILVER, gray, and there is no blue color on textures bitmaps. The blue reflect is visible ONLY if aircraft ini sets applies the reflections i.e :

Name=Soviet Silver

Nation=Soviet

Specular=0.600

Glossiness=0.50

Reflection=0.7 - this value generate this error on textures , look the screenshots.

I have Radeon2550 card with directX 9.0c , and this error was NOT visible before ! Anybody knows how to eliminate this issue ?

post-14324-1183138346_thumb.jpg

Thats from the reflection mapping. It wasn't visible before what? You might want to play around with driver settings if it really bothers you (I probably wouldn't even notice it to begin with)

Thats from the reflection mapping. It wasn't visible before what? You might want to play around with driver settings if it really bothers you (I probably wouldn't even notice it to begin with)

Before Ive installed pack service and patch. AFTER the installation it is visible not only on aircraft textures but on heavy reflected weapons skins also. Im still looking in video-driver settings , there are many options, but nothing remove this awful blue coloures on reflections.

The reflection is set by the textureset.ini in the aircraft skin folder.... open it (say with notepad) and adjust it down.

such as.. Reflection=0.010000 (play around with it)

Glosiness and specular can be adjusted also.

As for other things play around with your graphics options in the main menu.

Thats your speed man you are going so fast the paint is running!

Or it could be setting! But I like the speed thing myself! :biggrin:

Im still looking in video-driver settings , there are many options, but nothing remove this awful blue coloures on reflections.

Well its not going to say "remove blue reflections in strike fighters" on the check box. It may be a filtering problem, or it might be something deep in the driver code, like the loss of specular maps in CFS3 with ATI drivers, and ATI will most likely not give a s**t about SFP1 either. I'll never buy another ATI card, thats for sure.

That is not an error. As mentioned before in another reply, that's how the Strike Fighters series handles reflections on silver surfaces. That is there on both ATI and on nVidia cards.

Really? I've never seen it in my game (yeah, I know I said I probably wouldn't notice it :tongue: )