Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog

Problems with anti-ship missions

Whenever I try doing anti-ship missions in SFP1, no matter what plane, as soon as I am on the runway Red Crown tells me the mission is completed! Any one else have/had this problem?

Not tryin' to hi-jack this thread but in WoE when I run a anti-ship mission the ships are cruisein' across country ... never in the water :dntknw:

What could cause this ...

Thanks ~

Not tryin' to hi-jack this thread but in WoE when I run a anti-ship mission the ships are cruisein' across country ... never in the water :dntknw:

What could cause this ...

Thanks ~

Mine will start out in the water, but if I'm held up in air to air combat, they'll cruise across the land too-they will still blow up when a harpoon hits them though.... :dntknw:

Here we go again.....

ok, am I the only one who's read the "Elric" series by Michael Moorecock????

If you had, you'd be familiar with that devine craft, 'The Ships That Sails Over Land and Sea'. It was used by Elric, and other incarnations of the Champion Eternal, in their Final Battle against the Lords of Chaos.

(good reads, btw, if you like Sword & Sorcery -- get the ones with the Michael Whelan covers...superb artwork!)

OR....

lots of very small wheels under the hull

OR...

anti-gravity/repulsor lift technology in play.

OR...

(you fill in the blank)

Now, to answer the actual question, it's a route location problem in the movements ini. It's pretty easy to adjust, you just need to know the map coordinates to make the changes in the way points. (use Debug=TRUE in your HUDDATA.ini) It's the top line, CameraPosition= or something like that.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Ahhhhhhh yes ...

I BELIEVE I'll just let'M roll across land ... looks kind ... MYSTIC ;-)

Here we go again.....

ok, am I the only one who's read the "Elric" series by Michael Moorecock????

If you had, you'd be familiar with that devine craft, 'The Ships That Sails Over Land and Sea'. It was used by Elric, and other incarnations of the Champion Eternal, in their Final Battle against the Lords of Chaos.

(good reads, btw, if you like Sword & Sorcery -- get the ones with the Michael Whelan covers...superb artwork!)

OR....

lots of very small wheels under the hull

OR...

anti-gravity/repulsor lift technology in play.

OR...

(you fill in the blank)

Now, to answer the actual question, it's a route location problem in the movements ini. It's pretty easy to adjust, you just need to know the map coordinates to make the changes in the way points. (use Debug=TRUE in your HUDDATA.ini) It's the top line, CameraPosition= or something like that.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

hey, im having the same problem after installing the new water mod.

Where exactlly do i modify that line(s)?

btw, "Elric" the movie is going to be a blast!

They're doing a Elric movie!!!???? How did I miss that...cool!!! :good:

Ok, once you've got the HUD debug on, and you have the coordinates, two strings of six digits each, you'll need to adjust the RoutePosition= in the movement ini.... like below (from Iran/Iraq)

[Route020]

RouteType=SHIPPING

StartArea=Khrak Island

EndArea=Manama

RoutePosition[001]=792849,352397

RoutePosition[002]=753908,253380

The break down as to what's what is like this:

Route20 -- defines which number route. There are 3 types, GROUND_ATTACK, TRUCK, SHIPPING

RouteType -- what kind it is

(GROUND_ATTACK is you CAS missions; TRUCK is your Armed_Recon; SHIPPING is, well, anti-ship strikes)

Start Area

End Area -- both defined by the targets ini. Basicaly, beginning and end points. Hopefully, someplace offshore or out to sea

RoutePosition01

RoutePosition02 -- these are the map grid coordinates.

The way I do is, using the KMD, open one of the planning maps, and basically look for a set coordinates near which ever port I want to start from, and then follow a route (just like aircraft waypoints). I don't know what the maxium allowable wapoints are, but for the DS mod, you'll find this one:

[Route029]

RouteType=SHIPPING

StartArea=Al Basra Oil Fields

EndArea=Kuwait City

RoutePosition[001]=715630,418154

RoutePosition[002]=717629,415520

RoutePosition[003]=722504,403936

RoutePosition[004]=711189,391720

RoutePosition[005]=688299,378005

RoutePosition[006]=669804,368930

RoutePosition[007]=662487,366013

This one starts 'upstream' inland, and follows the Tigris (Euphrates? -whichever river-) around the marshland, islands, out into the Gulf, to Kuwait City.

Anyway, sorry for the digression....

With the KMD you can get fairly close, but I've found that you can be off in the start/end points a little as a few hundred meters to as much few thousand meters. And with rivers or islands to navigate around, that can be a problem

Hence the need for the 2nd step...

Fly an anti-ship mission -with the HUD debug still on. Also, change you start option to "Star Near Target" Then you can see the coordinates displayed. Make note of them, and adjust as necessary in the movement ini.

Come to think of it, its no different than laying out any other target location, excepting you need more than one position coord to define the route.

It goes without saying, that you'll need the planning maps, targets and movement inis IN the terrain folder in question, so they'll need extracting from the terrain's cat file (ie: Desert.cat, GermanyCE.cat, VietNamSEA.cat). They stay in the terrain folder.

The beauty of this game engine system is, if you screw it up, you can just extract the in again.

Wrench

Kevin Stein