Sign in to follow this  
ShrikeHawk

A weird mission

Today, I started up a single mission in FE. Strapped on my SE.5a and got ready to dogfight.

I'm flying along, sipping my morning coffee, and saw the strangest thing! I thought maybe

the coffe grounds had gone bad and it was making me see things. This is what I saw...

L63-WhatThe.jpg

I practically choked on my coffee! I had completely forgotten about the L63s I installed.

I couldn't resist using the free cam to get a closer look.

L63-Pod.jpg

I had no idea they flew in...pods!

L63-Pod2.jpg

It was just too funny watching them peel off to attack!

L63-Diving.jpg

So I shrugged, and like a good pilot of the RFC, I dove in to attack. I managed to

get one before the AAA got them all. They sorta' look like REALLY BIG bombs, hehehe.

Cheers!

ShrikeHawk

He he,

Yah, I thought it weird enough before to post as well.

It would be nice to get some real zeps with the AAMGs on the top of the envelop, and a nice BIG hydrogen explosion as well.

I thought about somehow modding/stringing a daisy-chain of observation balloon explosions, one tripping the other off, so there would be a ripple effect of explosions instead of the anti-climax that it currently is...

Any thoughts?

Edited by B Bandy RFC

And do observation balloons actually blow up? :wink:

Well that's interesting! Liked your screenshots too. Very dramatic.

This happened a few more times to me. They fly in large formations (very unhistoric)

and then they peel off and dive onto the airfield. Well that was just too much.

So I went into L63_Data.ini and changed the primary role from STRIKE to BOMBER.

Haven't seen them since then, but I've had them a long time before they showed up.

I was looking for a setting that controls formation size. Didn't see one anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is something like a "MAX_AIRCRAFT=" setting somewhere?

If that could be controlled, then having a singleton or maybe a pair popup during

an intercept mission would be pretty cool. Zeppelin hunting could be a pretty

exciting mission, especially with a bank of machine-gunners mounted on it.