Sign in to follow this  
Pancho

F-14A in NATO Fighters 2

Got the F-14A into NATO Fighters 2. Even got 'em operating off of the Nimitz, flying VF-84 in the 1979 campaign. Everything works great, except the Phoenix missiles and the drop tanks aren't listed in the loadout screen. They're just not there.

I've added the Phoenixes and the 330-gallon F-14 drop tanks to WEAPONS_DATA.ini in the Weapons folder, checked that the attachment points are correct, and that the missles and tanks are listed in the loadout file in the F-14A folder.

Tried everything I could think of, and they won't show, in single mission or campaign. Did a search, and can't find a thread discussing this particular problem.

Any ideas ... ?

Just a question... have you added them to the campaign? There's a section there where you can set up what stores are available. Have you tried that?

I've added the Phoenixes and the 330-gallon F-14 drop tanks to WEAPONS_DATA.ini in the Weapons folder

Question...did you run the Weapons Editor program after you added the entries? The WEAPONS_DATA.ini file is just a file the Weapons Editor program references to build the Weapondata.dat file...which is the file WOE actually uses. Otherwise, it sounds like you've done everything right.

Heres the thread talking about using the Weapons Editor:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9323

FastCargo

Thanks fo the ideas, guys! Yep, SW, it's int the campaign, but no, Fast Cargo, I wasn't aware that I had to run the Weapons Editor program. That sounds like the problem. I'll give it a try now. Thanks again. :good:

Yep, that was it. I know so little about weapons editing, I assumed the weapons editor was only for creating new ordnance, not adding it. Thanks for the assist! :good:

Even got 'em operating off of the Nimitz, flying VF-84 in the 1979 campaign.

cool! Did you add the carrier to the terrain and then into the campaign file?

cool! Did you add the carrier to the terrain and then into the campaign file?

Yep, we're operating off the Nimitz on November Station in the North Atlantic. :)

Just followed the instructions for adding carriers in the Knowledge Base, then used Kreelin's mission editor to locate the coordinates on the Germany map and added it to the terrain files.

Subsituted VF-84 for one of the F-15 squadrons in the NATO Fighters mod (for some reason, I couldn't get WoE to recognize a new air unit added to the end of the list in the campaign DATA file, but I've had that problem before -- puzzling). I'm running a merged WoV/WoE install, so VF-84 is already in the squadron list.

Using the CVA-63 model from WoV for the Nimitz; cool thing is, WoE actually uses the proper number on the carrier. I know it''s not an actual model of the Nimitz class, but that's fine for my purposes.

Yep, we're operating off the Nimitz on November Station in the North Atlantic. :)

Just followed the instructions for adding carriers in the Knowledge Base, then used Kreelin's mission editor to locate the coordinates on the Germany map and added it to the terrain files.

Subsituted VF-84 for one of the F-15 squadrons in the NATO Fighters mod (for some reason, I couldn't get WoE to recognize a new air unit added to the end of the list in the campaign DATA file, but I've had that problem before -- puzzling). I'm running a merged WoV/WoE install, so VF-84 is already in the squadron list.

Using the CVA-63 model from WoV for the Nimitz; cool thing is, WoE actually uses the proper number on the carrier. I know it''s not an actual model of the Nimitz class, but that's fine for my purposes.

awesome.......