Just a little something I'v been experimenting with...

farmer-b.jpg

the 17PF nose dosen't fit exactly right (hangs down a little at the bottom). And of course, we loose the nose number decals (you can just see it peeking out UNDER the nose). Also using Magoo's 21PFM pit, which may not be exactly correct, but looks kinda nice, and you get to use the metric readouts.

Set up to carry 2 IRMs in the inboard pylon (although historically, the 19P didn't get them until 1965/6 -Atoll upgrade) You can load RS-2, but that's not historically accurate in the 56-66 time frame. Radar equipped, guns only.

I gotta tell though, these stock skins (17, 19, 21) really SUCK!!! Guess we've all gotten used to 'the good stuff'. Any templates for the 19 out there, to at least try to make it look a little better???

anybody have any interest??? :rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

you bet, wrench. please continue with her and release when can. thanks again. Love your p-51 mustang mods by the way. :biggrin:

Just a little something I'v been experimenting with...

farmer-b.jpg

the 17PF nose dosen't fit exactly right (hangs down a little at the bottom). And of course, we loose the nose number decals (you can just see it peeking out UNDER the nose). Also using Magoo's 21PFM pit, which may not be exactly correct, but looks kinda nice, and you get to use the metric readouts.

Set up to carry 2 IRMs in the inboard pylon (although historically, the 19P didn't get them until 1965/6 -Atoll upgrade) You can load RS-2, but that's not historically accurate in the 56-66 time frame. Radar equipped, guns only.

I gotta tell though, these stock skins (17, 19, 21) really SUCK!!! Guess we've all gotten used to 'the good stuff'. Any templates for the 19 out there, to at least try to make it look a little better???

anybody have any interest??? :rofl:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Thanks, d! It's nice to know other folks love the 'stang as much as me!!

So, given the interest in the Farmer B, how about this one:

farmer-e.jpg

A rather early shot (taken just this afternoon!), you'll note MAJOR problem in the cockpit....the 17PFU nose bubble obscures the pilot. I'm working out how the bmp is mapped, so I can paint the offending section black, and kinda hide it from prying eyes. Of course, that also means, via hex editing, creating a "19PM" nose/pylon set -- which is relativley easy.

I also don't have the 4 digit CzAF buzz numbers, but I'm sure someone would be happy to make them....and figure out their placement on the rear fues. :cool:

I can't really take too much credit for this one...a lot of the brain work was done by Lexx, and a bunch of pretty good folks in figguring out a 'work around' for the misplaced nose/pylons/nose assemblies (it in 2 parts - 17PF nose, and 17PFU nose/pylon set). Gotta thank Pasko for creating the 2 nose bubbles...they make these 2 mods possible! I just basically assembled all the bits using their suggestions.

There's a thread here somewhere, kuklino can probably point it out; a search for "MiG-19PM" should turn it up.

Again, this one makes use of the 21PFM cockpit. I'm sure it's not right, what with that heavy gunsight hanging down from the top, but it works...and works pretty good, too!

Other than the aforementioned external cockpit view glitch (nose), and writing a readme that gives the right people credit, and of course, the 'how to', it's ready to fly. Actually, both are ready to leave the nest. Just lazy right now...don't feel like writing just as yet. :crazy:

Wrench

kevin stein

Certainly am Wrench, two of the afore-mentioned russki's are having my pastels thrown at them :wink:

2048 high rez baby yeah! :biggrin:

Righton bib!!!

The closer you get to the stock ones, the worse they look!!

I swear, it makes it seem the russians put their planes together with rivets the size of my fist!!!

Anyway, here's a little 'fix' for the new Izumrud nose for the PM:

fixed_farmer-e.jpg

That took a LOT longer than I thought it would, to find the part that was showing. It seem the 17pfu nose (now renamed and hex edited to 19PM), is a lot further in than I first thought.

Still can't get rid of the gun barrels....hey, it's a hack job, what can I say??? (with NO insult meant to Lexx, as this wouldn't be happening without his terrific idea!)

When it released, it'll be a PVO version. You all can re-decal it taste :grin:

Wrench

kevin stein

farmer-e.jpg

There's a thread here somewhere...

Yes, we have topic named Hungarian migs HERE! mig-29_fulcrum was topic starter. There is bigining of Mig-19P/PM versions in the SFP1 serries, I think :biggrin:

Mig looks fantastic on your screens, Wrench :clapping:

I tried make Mig-19P with two R-3S rockets, based on Shenyang J-6 and with PF nose. Screenshot is in the Hungarian migs topic. It works good. But I don't know, if this mod was in czechoslovak air force. It is question for Vigilant :blush2:

For my czechoslovak Migs I am using Mig-21F-13 CZ serial nums. Downloaded from column5.

If anybody needs serials of czechoslovak Mig-21 series, so look HERE!

Edited by kukulino