Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

HELP!mig 17 pfu radar skin

I'VE INSTALLED CORRECTLY THE 17 PFU,CHANGED THE WEAPONSDATA.INI,RELACED THE SOVIET SILVER 1 TEXTURE FOLLOWING THE READ ME,RESULTS A FIGHTER ABLE TO FIRE MISSILES BUT ALL THE NOSE APPEARS WITHOUT COLOUR LIKE THE MISSILES PYLONS!WHAT CAN I DO??

I'VE INSTALLED CORRECTLY THE 17 PFU,CHANGED THE WEAPONSDATA.INI,RELACED THE SOVIET SILVER 1 TEXTURE FOLLOWING THE READ ME,RESULTS A FIGHTER ABLE TO FIRE MISSILES BUT ALL THE NOSE APPEARS WITHOUT COLOUR LIKE THE MISSILES PYLONS!WHAT CAN I DO??

First of all, there's no need to shout. Do you know how many internet ettiquette laws you're breaking by typing in all caps? Well, you're breaking one. Don't type in all caps. :biggrin:

Try and see in you made any typos in the .ini's. It's very exacting.

First of all, there's no need to shout. Do you know how many internet ettiquette laws you're breaking by typing in all caps? Well, you're breaking one. Don't type in all caps. :biggrin:

Try and see in you made any typos in the .ini's. It's very exacting.

xcuse!!!!

xcuse!!!!

canu please give me a correct procedure?

canu please give me a correct procedure?

I could be totally wrong about this, but i think that maybe the textures that are not loading are decals. Try Checking the Aircrafts Texture folder for the Decals.ini and make sure the path listed for each texture matches the actual path needed.

This is and example of the text you need to look for in the Decals.ini...

FilenameFormat=A-3B/Test/AB

Make sure that it says the correct Aircraft Folder,Texture Folder and Texture File.

I have had this problem a few times when renaming folders, I Hope this helps! :biggrin:

No, the Fresco noses are skinned just like an aircraft...the lod has the built in pointer for the skin bmp. No decals are, or can be, involved as it's seperate from the aircraft (think of it as loaded ordanance)

Also, could you be a little more specific as to just what you're trying to do??? All the Fresco noses come with their own skins. Just as I did for the 19PM ... hex edited and renamed the 17PFU lod to match the 19PM, so to have the 'black' section show in the cockpit, hiding itself.

Installing the Fresco/Framer nose bubbles is the same as any other weapon, and the same procedure is used. Detailed, illustrated instruction are in the Knowledge Base "Adding New Weapons", I think it's on page 2, by USAFMTL

So, if you please, more details????

Wrench

kevin stein

No, the Fresco noses are skinned just like an aircraft...the lod has the built in pointer for the skin bmp. No decals are, or can be, involved as it's seperate from the aircraft (think of it as loaded ordanance)

Also, could you be a little more specific as to just what you're trying to do??? All the Fresco noses come with their own skins. Just as I did for the 19PM ... hex edited and renamed the 17PFU lod to match the 19PM, so to have the 'black' section show in the cockpit, hiding itself.

Installing the Fresco/Framer nose bubbles is the same as any other weapon, and the same procedure is used. Detailed, illustrated instruction are in the Knowledge Base "Adding New Weapons", I think it's on page 2, by USAFMTL

So, if you please, more details????

Wrench

kevin stein

the problem is only the nose skin,i put in on a plane just described in knowledge base and it works,but is grey and don't match the soviet silver,the same for the anti glare panel

Ok! I see.

Unfortunately, it's been like that since Day 1, and there's no fixing it. I've even tried reskinning it; repainting the bmp to match the Soveit Silver, but to no avail.

It's just something we have to live with, until some wonderfull modeler creates the RIGHT aircraft, with the Izurmud nose built in. Then we could actually get decals on it, too!

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok! I see.

Unfortunately, it's been like that since Day 1, and there's no fixing it. I've even tried reskinning it; repainting the bmp to match the Soveit Silver, but to no avail.

It's just something we have to live with, until some wonderfull modeler creates the RIGHT aircraft, with the Izurmud nose built in. Then we could actually get decals on it, too!

Wrench

kevin stein

the fresco isn't one of my favs,just to have a ivan's frontline complete!thanks kevin,again!