Sign in to follow this  
Revvin

FS 2006 v1.4 released

This is one of the really polished mods for rFactor IMHO that ranks alongside some of the really great mod's like the Euro F3's, CTDP's 2005 F1, Megane Trophy, iDT's Formula BMW etc. The update has hadthe following features/fixes added:

FSONE v1.4 by Derek Nye & Phil Sousa have been released.

- New engine curve, HP, torque

- New Life expand for engines. Boost 10 (rpm adjuster 10! dont want to call it boost) last much longer, if not the whole race.

- Removed overheating problems

- Boost extra power removed

- Boost is now used just as a normal RPM changer. (theres no boost in f1)

- New downforce system.

- Fixed Top speed

- New Custom Gear Ratios

- Fixed drafting parameters to be less

- Fixed drafting lost downforce for following exponent to be less.

- New tyres physics

- New Fixed TC Levels.

- Fixed Damage Physics

- Removed helmet damages.

One example of what's really fixed //

Top time in united states was hit 1.11.1 by Jose Caparroso during beta testing. His top speed was around 325 - 327 KPH.

In F1.com 06 Season. United states Top time 1.10.9. Top speeds 325kph - 330kph.

Wings adjustments like

25 front and 17 rear is one example of the new downforce system. you can now use your rear wing much lower.

If you visit the link above its now been updated to v1.51.

FSONE v1.51 FIANL UPDATE by Phil Sousa, Darius Trinka, Danny Davison and Derek Nye

What's New

- Relistic Physics Reinstated

- Downforce Fixed

- Scratch made brand new HDV

- Custom Physics by FSONE

- Ability for both understeer/oversteer

- Extra Engine Push feel. (Wheel Spin)

- Fixed Tyre Temps

Edited by Revvin

I find it hard to get excited about open wheel these days.

I love F1 and follow it regularly...but I just got bored of it in the sim world....spent a good 4 years playing with F1 Challenge 99-02

The main problem is they're continually fiddling with the physics because it's never right. It's too tight, it's too loose, whatever. The physics in F1C may not have been perfect but it was livable.

If I can corner in a turn by using your car as the outside rail.....who needs physics?

Its a great mod but frequent patches like this hurt its popularity online as you'll keep getting mismatches. Its almost a job in itself to keep up with some of these mods. This is one of the better F1 mods available but I still prefer the slower pace of the F3's and Formula BMW's.

If I can corner in a turn by using your car as the outside rail.....who needs physics?

How can you argue with logic like that?

If I want to race F1, I load up GP4

Well...

I've been way out in left field when it comes to race sims. I was big into NR2003, but moved on to Tac Sims with America's Army. Now I can drive a Hummvee around at 60mph and run over Opfor.

When it comes to RL racing, I'm definately an open wheel fan, but I have departed ways with most of it joined the Nascar crowd. I'm getting just sick of nascar and their commercialization and I'm finding IRL and Champ series popularity back on the rise. Sure it may never be like CART was in the day, but trust me when I say that the popularity for IRL is growing by leaps and bounds. F1 lost all popularity after last years Indy race. Actually it was about 3 years ago that M Schumacher's teammate was told to pull aside to let Michael win the Indy event to solidify their owner point win, and that there just killed F1 racing for me.

I've played FSOne and it really is a nice mod. I'm glad to see they have improved upon it. I'm just gonna stick to GTR2 and race some cars bumpers.

Its been updated yet again to v1.52 though they say this is likely to be the last mod as they wanted to test things as a platform for their '07 season mod.

Actually it was about 3 years ago that M Schumacher's teammate was told to pull aside to let Michael win the Indy event to solidify their owner point win, and that there just killed F1 racing for me.

That didn't happen at Indy. That was at the A1-Ring in Austria. Two years in a row.

Indy was where Michael slowed up on the last turn to have the two Ferrari's in a photo finish, but Rubens kept his foot in it and passed him for the win.

That didn't happen at Indy. That was at the A1-Ring in Austria. Two years in a row.

Indy was where Michael slowed up on the last turn to have the two Ferrari's in a photo finish, but Rubens kept his foot in it and passed him for the win.

You are correct. I was not there for that race. I was there for the Inaugural race and 1 other. I'm glad I was not there for the last race....what a bunch of whining asses.

Indianapolis hosted the 3 largest outdoor sporting events in the world until F1 pulled out. I'm sure there will be one helluva attendance for MotoGp. There is nothing in the world better then sitting in the paddox area during the opening events and finish of the Indianapolis 500. There are 250,000+ in attendance and the electricity is incredible.

Mike

F1 officially pulled out?

I heard there was talks, but wasn't aware they finalized that

I would love to see F1 cars drop through the corkscrew at Laguna Seca

The talk is that if they do come back, it may likely be Las Vegas

Las Vegas?

They don't even have a track. I hope they aren't doing the whole temp road circuit again...