Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

I'll be away for awhile...

I'll be out for awhile. I had a "major" HD crash... Guess what? I have been too lazy and lackadaisical to bother backing up my files.... That's right, it's gone, everything... DBS2, Aerodrome2, Air Race World, original source files, templates, artwork... you name it, I lost it. Data recovery might be able to extract things off my HD, sometime after I fell like paying $250+... Whatever...

I have bought a new HD, but I need to get a real version of XP-SP2, not my old, umm, "borrowed" version... I may be gone awhile...

See you over the Bering Straits! (sometime in the future...)

ML

Edited by Major Lee

I'll be out for awhile. I had a "major" HD crash... Guess what? I have been too lazy and lackadaisical to bother backing up my files.... That's right, it's gone, everything... DBS2, Aerodrome2, Air Race World, original source files, templates, artwork... you name it, I lost it. Data recovery might be able to extract things off my HD, sometime after I fell like paying $250+... Whatever...

I have bought a new HD, but I need to get a real version of XP-SP2, not my old, umm, "borrowed" version... I may be gone awhile...

See you over the Bering Straits! (sometime in the future...)

ML

sorry to hear that. I've been enjoying your sim of one my old stomping grounds. Hope it all works out.

It's amazing the rate of HD failures among modders. Seems to happen to them more often than to anyone else I know. :grin:

LOL

ML,

I lost my 80GB HD 2 months ago or so.... it was full with all my SF files and 50000+ pics, PDFs, references, the works... POOOF

and that was my back-up drive , lost the original drive last year.

was kinda lucky that my main HDD with the OS is still alive.. but I am basically" back to the roots"...

one single SFP1 install which is slowly growing in size.... its configured as a "Fighting Falcons " install atm.. hehe

Hope you get back up soon

MJ

Sorry to hear that. I resorted to an external back up drive which I update once a month. I also burn my files to DVD's once a quarter. I have reminders set up in Outlook. Wish you the best of luck in your recovery.