Sign in to follow this  

Hi all, I briefly played this game after the first patch came out, and quit cause multiplayer was crap, I have looked around for some names I remember from then, navy chief, firehawk, fates, fast eagle, ranger, there was more, but I can't remember them. Are they around still? Is multiplayer functional, and what was the program I needed to play multiplayer (was a lobby of some kind)?

Sorry lots of questions.

Voodoo

Hi all, I briefly played this game after the first patch came out, and quit cause multiplayer was crap, I have looked around for some names I remember from then, navy chief, firehawk, fates, fast eagle, ranger, there was more, but I can't remember them. Are they around still? Is multiplayer functional, and what was the program I needed to play multiplayer (was a lobby of some kind)?

Sorry lots of questions.

Voodoo

Welcome back! :good: The name Hyperlobby may help you.... :biggrin:

Is multiplayer in WoE any good, i heard something that you need to have the same addons and everything to be able to connect.

Edited by Wolf65

I dont know about WoE, I have SFP1 I have just patched that up to whatever the latest is on third wire's site and I have only played single player missions so far.

Hyperlobby, thats what it was, thank you very much, I will look for hat and see what if any games there are to play

Edited by Voodoo51

Is multiplayer in WoE any good, i heard something that you need to have the same addons and everything to be able to connect.

Hyperlobby only recognizes "untampered" instalations of SF/WOV/WOE, so if you made add-ons forget about it....(sp doesnt count as obvious).

I havent managed to play online yet so...beats me! :dntknw:

yes, everyone in a multiplayer has to have the exact same load, mods and planes.

Thanks for the replies concerning multiplayer, and hyper lobby, I did a search for some people that I remembered, seems like 2 of em are bannished lol.

Guest Saganuay82
Hyperlobby only recognizes "untampered" instalations of SF/WOV/WOE, so if you made add-ons forget about it....(sp doesnt count as obvious).

I havent managed to play online yet so...beats me! :dntknw:

That is not true. Hyperlobby will recognize games that are the same. I have played FAC with an O-1 in WOV while another guy flew the addon A-1 to kill the targets I was marking with smokes.

If you get a bunch of guys together and you want to mod, you all have to have the same install. If you are the type of guy who wants to play random games at Hyperlobby with people that you don't know then patch your game up and add nothing else.

Then again if you mostly play with the same guys, use Hamachi.

Thanks for the replies concerning multiplayer, and hyper lobby, I did a search for some people that I remembered, seems like 2 of em are bannished lol.

Who were you before you left the first time?