Hi,i've downloaded the tomcat over libya mission,for woe,before i've installed the checksix pack,so i've the desert terrain,the 4 missions,i've added the spruance,the oh perry and the forrestal

when i start the game i see txo f14 one above the other,seem layered,but no forrestal carrier,the plane lif off from the sea!i've read the instruction and put all the forrestal files in objects/ground objects folder,i've tried to rename the folder several times like.. CV-59,CV59,Forrestal but without any good result!can u show me the right way?thanks

Guest capun

Most likely you have a double-nested folders.

It should be something like this

Strike Fighters

Strike Fighters/Objects

Strike Fighters/Objects/GroundObject

Strike Fighters/Objects/GroundObject/CV-59

Be sure that the folder name matches the main ini file, in this case the ini name should be CV-59.ini

Most likely you have a double-nested folders.

It should be something like this

Strike Fighters

Strike Fighters/Objects

Strike Fighters/Objects/GroundObject

Strike Fighters/Objects/GroundObject/CV-59

Be sure that the folder name matches the main ini file, in this case the ini name should be CV-59.ini

yes,i s CV-59 but it doesn't work i don't know why!everytime the tomcats in the water!

yes,i s CV-59 but it doesn't work i don't know why!everytime the tomcats in the water!

I experienced the same problem and i've found the solution just now! I noticed that, for some unknown reason, my CV59.ini file was missing of this:

[GroundObjectData]

ObjectName=CV59

ObjectFullName=CV-59 Forrestal

ObjectDataFile=CV59_Data.ini

This is to copy at the very beginning of the file...this i did, and the old Forrestal did show on my screen!

Wow X-Ray, you are writing from pordenone, so why don't we :blink: facciamo una chiacchierata in italiano? Che cavolo!

Your data ini. or just the regular ini.? Because I tried it and it didn't work.

Guest capun

This section was added to the original CV-59.ini to make it SP4 compatible

[GroundObjectData]

; Forrestal Class Carriers

ObjectFullName=CV-59 Forrestal Class

ObjectDataFile=CV-59_data.ini

Note the ObjectDataFile filename, be sure that the filenames are correct.

BTW, where and when did you get the package?

The package name is CV59.RAR at our site, if you unpack it the folder name will be CV59, you need to rename it to CV-59 to match the CV-59.ini in the RAR package. If you got it from CombatAce, the CA filemanager appender a number enclosed in brackets in front of the filename, something like [834]CV59.rar

This section was added to the original CV-59.ini to make it SP4 compatible

[GroundObjectData]

; Forrestal Class Carriers

ObjectFullName=CV-59 Forrestal Class

ObjectDataFile=CV-59_data.ini

Note the ObjectDataFile filename, be sure that the filenames are correct.

BTW, where and when did you get the package?

The package name is CV59.RAR at our site, if you unpack it the folder name will be CV59, you need to rename it to CV-59 to match the CV-59.ini in the RAR package. If you got it from CombatAce, the CA filemanager appender a number enclosed in brackets in front of the filename, something like [834]CV59.rar

[/quotmy game is new,so i've got the italian edition strike fighters-flight simulation,i think is sf gold,so aircraft like the f 104 flying easily,i think that the service pack 4 is in,but i'm not sure,i've tried to download but is unavailable,replaced by v05 in this and other sites,i've realized that probably the problem is this!so I think the forrestal is a dream!

Capun, I have applied your fix to my WW2 Solomons install and now I get Carriers in my missions...

WOO HOO!

Can't thank you enough. I'm learning more and more every day from these tips, but it's a shame there is not a Modding and Tweaking guide covering ALL the .INI's though.

Guest capun

The problem is that the game is so modable that I don't think there is one person who knows about everything in depth, well maybe except TK.

Maybe this is a good Wiki project for someone (or a group effort) to start, I think there are already bits and pieces it just takes someone to take it and gather the pieces. You have a lot of info here in the Knowledge Database and scattered over a couple of sites.

There is Charles notes, Bunyap's weapons wiki, MajorLee's terrain tutorial, etc.

The problem is that the game is so modable that I don't think there is one person who knows about everything in depth, well maybe except TK.

Maybe this is a good Wiki project for someone (or a group effort) to start, I think there are already bits and pieces it just takes someone to take it and gather the pieces. You have a lot of info here in the Knowledge Database and scattered over a couple of sites.

There is Charles notes, Bunyap's weapons wiki, MajorLee's terrain tutorial, etc.

In my experience with this game, I have found that a lot of the stuff is not compatible with the newest patch.

I fixed the forrestal by dropping the texture files, in their own folders, then making a new ini files, that has the texture references in the file, like the aircraft have. after that, they worked. Adding crap to the groundobject data file is useless. I have compiled a nice set of all the carriers availale, and they all work flawlessly, it is also an installer too, so all you have to do is point to your game, and hit yes, and ok. Since about 90% of them are yours capun(thanks too, you are a nice modeler!) I would need your permission. the file is pretty small too, I can also rebuild it, and put all the ships in it too ;)

Let me know if that sounds like a good idea, and I will get cracking!

Womb

Edited by WombRaider

In my experience with this game, I have found that a lot of the stuff is not compatible with the newest patch.

I fixed the forrestal by dropping the texture files, in their own folders, then making a new ini files, that has the texture references in the file, like the aircraft have. after that, they worked. Adding crap to the groundobject data file is useless. I have compiled a nice set of all the carriers availale, and they all work flawlessly, it is also an installer too, so all you have to do is point to your game, and hit yes, and ok. Since about 90% of them are yours capun(thanks too, you are a nice modeler!) I would need your permission. the file is pretty small too, I can also rebuild it, and put all the ships in it too ;)

Let me know if that sounds like a good idea, and I will get cracking!

Womb

I think that would be way cool. I'd like to see that and extended to a lot of the other ships that have been uploaded in the past and that don't currently work.

Guest capun

All of our ships were updated for SP4, you just have to download them again.

It's a quirk of the download section, it wont bump up any updated files unless you manually add another message to the file post.

And no, no permission for an installer package. I don't like installer since they blindly copy things over previous mods.