Sign in to follow this  
mustang60348

Google Earth Data

I have a laptop that has a GPS on it.

Is there a way to download Google Earth data on my PC and transfer it to my laptop so that it will display properly without being hooked up to the internet when I travel.

I would like to download large amounts of data, i.e. an entire province or state.

Guest Saganuay82

I don't believe that you can since it is streaming data. You can buy NTS 1:50000 coverage from companies here in Canada. I'm sure its the same if you are in the US. Maps are accurate and up to date. We use a program called Ozie Explorer in CASARA where you can use the maps and GPS.

what you can do is in the google earth settings you can up the size of the cache. if you allow a big enough cache and look at the areas you are travelling to you can go back and refer to them offline.

what you can do is in the google earth settings you can up the size of the cache. if you allow a big enough cache and look at the areas you are travelling to you can go back and refer to them offline.
Yup, that is what I am currently doing, I was hoping there was a way to increase the size of the cache to more than the current 2 gigs, but it appears I can't.
I don't believe that you can since it is streaming data. You can buy NTS 1:50000 coverage from companies here in Canada. I'm sure its the same if you are in the US. Maps are accurate and up to date. We use a program called Ozie Explorer in CASARA where you can use the maps and GPS.
Thanks I will check into that program and info. Thanks