Sign in to follow this  

Hi i downloaded the range terrain. It works fine except for two things. First only the runway shows up while the taxi way is white and there are no hangers towers etc. The second problem is that for some reason the aircraft can't take off. They fly well when I start of in the air but on takeoff they get stuck. I only have WOE and WOV. can someone help me?

Guest Saganuay82

What plane are you flying?

What plane are you flying?

non of the planes work. I know that the russian ones cant take off from the airbase

It sounds like the range isn't "reading" the .cat file in either of your two games. You'll have to make an entry in the 'Range.ini' file like this:

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

to get the objects to show up in WoE.

PS: I don't own WoV, so I don't know what the .ini edit would be for that game.

Edited by Tristan

It sounds like the range isn't "reading" the .cat file in either of your two games. You'll have to make an entry in the 'Range.ini' file like this:CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.catto get the objects to show up in WoE.PS: I don't own WoV, so I don't know what the .ini edit would be for that game.
there is no \CatFile=
there is no \CatFile=
sorry there is no CatFile= in the range ini

there is no \CatFile=sorry there is no CatFile= in the range ini

Right. You'll have to make an entry from scratch under the [Terrain] heading in the Range.ini.

Edited by Tristan

All I can say at this point is test it and see if that solves any of your problems.

Your Range.ini should look like this:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Range

DataFile=Range_data.INI

TargetFile=Range_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Range_types.INI

MovementFile=Range_MOVEMENT.INI

NationsFile=Range_NATIONS.INI

BriefingText=Range_Briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Range_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Somewhere, someplace, I uploaded an upgrade for both the Range and Red Range...added new target area, movements for Armed Recon missions...have to see where that went....

Wrench

kevin stein

adding the cat files helped bring the whole airport in including air deffences but I am still stuck on takeoff. Sometimes it lets me move very slowley and other times not at all. Its like I can't turn off the brakes even though I dont have this problem anywhere els.