Sign in to follow this  
p10ppy

2 WIPs Voisin and L30 (large image alert)

Bump, just to keep these wonderful projects within memory.

No input from p10ppy yet :dntknw: . Maybe he's not around this forum that much these days :tumbleweed: .

Too bad that Zepp would be a great addition now that we have a bunch of earlier planes to use.

No input from p10ppy yet :dntknw: . Maybe he's not around this forum that much these days :tumbleweed: .

Too bad that Zepp would be a great addition now that we have a bunch of earlier planes to use.

without some changes to the game the Zepplins won't work right in the game.I think that was one of the stumbling blocks for it's delay.The Voison on ethe other hand....... I guess I shouild really stop wishing for it but man I love them so much.lol

WK is correct. Zeppelins have been tried in the game before. The problem was they tend to behave/manoeuver like winged A/C.

Yeah, I remember some pretty funny early intercept missions with a gaggle of zeppelins running into each other all over the sky and crashing etc...

On the other hand, and not that I ever got into helo's but if helo's can be made to work in SFP-1, why not a zep?

Hinchinbrook's zep was a fine target (in a very defenseless sort of way) and more for ambiance than anything else, but as long as the new one can float, fire back, do a basic turn, and the AI really REALLY toned down to stone-age intelligence, why not? It really doesn't need to be necessarily player flyable.

I can only imagine some modder wishing it was perfect, but after all his time working on it, just release it AS IS maybe.

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Zeppelins may be better used by mission builders. Perhaps installed as a ground object like a balloon or truck (so it can move)

I'm pretty sure you can make it work. For player too.

No takeoff of course, maybe need to change formation.ini, and keep numbers down to 1-3 per formation somehow ... certainly possible in custom missions or campaigns, maybe also by setting Zep to VERY RARE, and running games with air activity on Light.

Edited by peter01

Will these ever make it? I've been dying to see that zeppelin! Hoping there's still a chance!