Sign in to follow this  
Fates

rFactor Patch 1255

hdr_newsroom.gif

rFactor 1255 Patch Released

The rFactor 1255 patch (build D) was created to address some online security issues, add additional overall stability, and match the new retail DVD version recently released in Europe. The update consists of:

• rFactor.exe
  • rFactor Dedicated.exe
  • Plugins\NetCommUtilPlugin.dll
  • Updated Sounds

PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to reactivate rFactor if you upgrade to v1255. Before you do this, locate your original confirmation email. Make sure you can locate your Activation Number, Order Number and email address used. If you need a new confirmation email sent out to you, visit TryMedia.

Download the update from any mirror site. First move the original files into a \Backup directory. Unzip the contents of the update ensuring you replace all files. Once you run the new version of rFactor, it will ask you to Buy/Unlock. Follow the Already Paid link at the lower right of the first purchase screen, using the Activation Number and email address from the confirmation email.

If you need to have your email changed or your activations reset, please send a request to purchase at rFactor net

FAQs

Q: Can I play online with people who have the retail DVD.

A: Yes, so long as you have upgraded to v1255.

Q: While this update work if I have v1150 or below?

A: No, this update will only work on v1250.

Q: Is there a full install for v1255.

A: There is a retail DVD version of 1255 and a digital version will be made available in the future.

Q: I updated to an earlier 1255, do I need to update to the final D build?

A: Yes, update to the D build. No re-activation will be required.

Known Issues

Problem: Increased loading time

Cause: Updated TryMedia software

Solution: Limit number of cars installed

So basically, unless you're playing online with other 1255 users, you may not want to upgrade to 1255. That "increased loading time" has been reported to be QUITE severe in many cases, depending on how many cars you have.

I'm about to do a fresh install of rFactor anyway so I'll just install the stuff I actually played like the Porsche Cup mod, Meganes, Euro F3 etc. I had waaaay to much installed lol

Come on! Give in to the Dark Side of rfactorcentral. Install EVERY mod on the site!! :biggrin:

I wonder how much HDD space it would take to install every mod and every track from rFactor Central, and how long the loading time would be?...any volunteers? :biggrin:

It would take more time than you can possibly imagine! :grin:

Its not that hard to imagine as the last time I did a fresh install I went through every download checking for updates, installing, testing, installing some more. It took a few nights work which is why I'm being far more choosy this time around and besides hopefully my copy of RACE 07 will arrive Friday :biggrin:

Any specific time you folks race online? My "callsign" there is goggles paisano (5 bonus points for whoever can tell me where the name comes from)

I don't do it that much anymore myself. However, there's still a decent group going over at SimHQ's motorsports forums.