Sign in to follow this  

Hi Guys, I got a little problem...

Why aircraft shadows never appear on my pc, even if i got them enabled in the options and in the various aircraft inis? All fiiles are placed where they should, still nothing!

Funniest thing, I Copied my install overwriting the oldone on a friend's pc and they work...

Video card is a Radeon X600 128Mb (pretty old, I know it, don't kill meXD it's just a notebook...) res is 1440*900 all details on high...HELPPP!!! blink.gif

BTW, if I use 32bit reolutions they work, but with a strange "vectored" effect, like I see semitransparent vector from my plane to its shadow on the ground, and there's no way to eliminate them...What could I do, anybody got ideas??? :blink:

Know issue with some cards (cough-radiactiveon-cough) and some aircraft.

Best way is to open the ini of the aircraft in question (or all if needed) and do this (in our example below, it's our every-picked on Scooter)

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE <--this heeare line

ShadowLOD=A-4E_shadow.shd

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=400

Change the TRUE to FALSE. The problem will vanish like...

a shadow!!! (couldn't resist!!!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank you Wrench, however I noticed that both shadow and "vectors" vanish by switching to a 16bit resolution (same res only 16 instead of 32 bits)...

Is that normal or maybe there's something else wrong? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

hide

Guest Sony Tuckson

shadows are transparent models, so most probably, 16 bits colours just don't handle that, so they simply dissapear in that mode

32 bits is a must