Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

AGM-142 for SFP1/WOV/WOE (Version 1.1)

AGM-142 for SFP1/WOV/WOE (Version 1.1)

************************ NOTE! NOTE! NOTE! ***************************************

This update has made several changes, including additional weapons and a data pod. The readme has been revised heavily! If you have the previous version of this weapon, there are changes to the inis of the original AGM-142A and B. Recommend substituting the AGM-142 weapondata.ini entries you currently have for the entries listed below.

Please read this readme carefully to note the new changes!

************************ NOTE! NOTE! NOTE! ***************************************

Version 1.1

Thanks to the following folks:

TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.

Bunyap and Wpnssgt - For the original Weapons Pack.

Mustang - For the great video tutorials.

To my fellow Combatace moderators - For helping me beta test and work out bugs.

Any errors or mistakes are entirely mine.

What you will need first:

Bunyap's Weapon's Pack - http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2672

Thirdwire Weapons Editor - http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

Copy of SFP1/WOE/WOV patched to the latest standard (as of 03 Oct 07)

Notes and limitations:

The AGM-142A, AGM-142B, Popeye 2 missiles are TV/IR guided via a data link that transmits the nose view of the missile to be manually guided by the pilot. However, the TW engine doesn't simulate this combination, so I made the missiles laser guided with the 'Data Pod' a laser designator. This realistically simulates the need to carry the pod in order to be able to use the missiles (assuming the aircraft doesn't already have a laser designator). Therefore, to carry the pod, you need the weapon station to be able to carry LP, and LGR for the missiles.

Right now, the other users of these missiles besides the USAF is Israel (who developed the missile) and the RAAF for the F-111.

I have included the paint template for the missile if you want to tweak the paint scheme.

This is FREEWARE only, NO money is allowed to be made on the contents of these files, in whole or in part.

Feel free to redistribute, as long as the original authors are given appropriate credit.

Questions? Contact me at Combatace.

FastCargo

14 Oct 07

Thanks a lot FastCargo.

This is a great addition.

What are you planning next ? :smile:

Edited by JAT81500

Hummmm, no luck here.

I updated the weapondata.ini, used the weapons editor and saved it back.

Copied the object files into the weapons folder.

Using the AH-1G as a test aircraft i changed both the loadout and data ini's to:

Changed the loadout.ini to equal:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AGM-142A

Loadout[01].Quantity=4

Loadout[01].RackType=M-299

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AGM-142A

Loadout[02].Quantity=4

Loadout[02].RackType=M-299

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AGM-142A

Loadout[03].Quantity=4

Loadout[03].RackType=M-299

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AGM-142A

Loadout[04].Quantity=4

Loadout[04].RackType=M-299

Changed the data.ini (Weapon stations) to equal:

[WeaponStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.4710,-0.2319,1.1014

AttachmentAngles=0.0,10.0, 0.0

LoadLimit=500.0

AllowedWeaponClass=RP,RCKT,EOGR,WGR,ATR,LGR,IRM

AttachmentType=USN

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=25

The AGM-142 will show on the left side of the loadout screen but does not show as a selectable weapon on the right side.....

Confused! Hints anyone?

thanks,

savagcl

The AGM-142 is the size of a small car. It's not meant to be put on a helicopter...and definitely not meant to be used on a HellFire rack! You're trying to use the whole helicopter's load capacity to carry ONE missile.

I think you've got your missiles mixed up.

FastCargo

Yes, sorry, my bad.

It also helps to have the correct Nation! Problem solved.

thanks,

savagcl

So you just copy the Objects folder into the WOE directory? I did that and added the ini. entries via the Weapons Editor but couldn't get them to show up.

Did you change the nationname to Australia in the weapon editor?

Also the attachment - I'm at work so not sure exactly what you need to do for the Ozi Aardvark?

(I'm guessing by your sig that's what you want).

I am wondering what the maximum range is for the AGM-142?

And, thank you for creating it!

Edited by TurtleHawk

Did you change the nationname to Australia in the weapon editor?

Also the attachment - I'm at work so not sure exactly what you need to do for the Ozi Aardvark?

(I'm guessing by your sig that's what you want).

Well, yes, but I can't get the Popeye to show up at all in the weapons selection list. I'm not sure if I'm reading the readme wrong but it doesn't seem clear to me, do I just put the objects folder in the WOE directory (not weapons), because I've done that then added them with the editor, but they aren't showing up.

Edited by PigDriver

Well, yes, but I can't get the Popeye to show up at all in the weapons selection list. I'm not sure if I'm reading the readme wrong but it doesn't seem clear to me, do I just put the objects folder in the WOE directory (not weapons), because I've done that then added them with the editor, but they aren't showing up.

Okay, the AGM-142A/B are only USAF weapons, to make Aussie versions, you have to make new weapondata.ini entries (basically change the Nationname and AttachmentType to Australia). Also, if you want to mount them on the F-111, you have to make sure the weapon stations can take that kind of weapon (EOGB) and that the AGM-142 doesn't exceed any limits that the weapon station on the F-111 has (ie diameter, loadlimit, lengthlimit, etc). If so, you have to edit the F-111 weapon stations to be able to take the AGM-142.

FastCargo

Okay, the AGM-142A/B are only USAF weapons, to make Aussie versions, you have to make new weapondata.ini entries (basically change the Nationname and AttachmentType to Australia). Also, if you want to mount them on the F-111, you have to make sure the weapon stations can take that kind of weapon (EOGB) and that the AGM-142 doesn't exceed any limits that the weapon station on the F-111 has (ie diameter, loadlimit, lengthlimit, etc). If so, you have to edit the F-111 weapon stations to be able to take the AGM-142.

FastCargo

How do I tell if the Popeye exceeds the weapon station limits? What values do I look under?

Hey, forget everything I just said. Got a MUCH simpler way for you to make your Popeye's available.

Go into the Weapondata.ini file and look for both entries for the AGM-142 missiles. Look for this line:

Exported=FALSE

Change it to:

Exported=TRUE

Save the Weapondata.ini, go into the Weapon Editor and do the standard dance.

That's it, you should be able to load 'em up! Just checked it with my F-111C, worked like a champ.

FastCargo

Hey, forget everything I just said. Got a MUCH simpler way for you to make your Popeye's available.

Go into the Weapondata.ini file and look for both entries for the AGM-142 missiles. Look for this line:

Exported=FALSE

Change it to:

Exported=TRUE

Save the Weapondata.ini, go into the Weapon Editor and do the standard dance.

That's it, you should be able to load 'em up! Just checked it with my F-111C, worked like a champ.

FastCargo

Thanks but I already sorted it. I'll remember that for next time. I love them by the way, finally I have an up to date Pig!

Edited by PigDriver

Thanks but I already sorted it. I'll remember that for next time. I love them by the way, finally I have an up to date Pig!

Is there a way to setup rack loading on the B-52 to have the two Popeyes in a row and not overlapping?

(BTW fastCargo, ever tried waterboming? It is such a great job, and the best one for unlucky ones that couldn't go in the military ! and it pays way better than airlines; and for winter the same company operates MD-83, for charter and airline and they offered me the job!

Edited by atrdriver

Is there a way to setup rack loading on the B-52 to have the two Popeyes in a row and not overlapping?

Yep, try these hardpoints (adjust the StationID and StationGroupID to your own preferences):

[HaveNapLeftStation1]

StationID=8

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-5.034,10.7,-1.285

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-1.0

LoadLimit=1370

DiameterLimit=0.575000

LengthLimit=4.900000

AllowedWeaponClass=EOGR

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=Pylon01

PylonMass=

PylonDragArea=

LaunchRailNodeName=Pylon01

[HaveNapLeftStation2]

StationID=9

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-5.034,5.3,-1.285

LoadLimit=1370

DiameterLimit=0.575000

LengthLimit=4.900000

AllowedWeaponClass=EOGR

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=Pylon01

PylonMass=

PylonDragArea=

LaunchRailNodeName=Pylon01

[HaveNapRightStation1]

StationID=10

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=4.888,10.7,-1.285

LoadLimit=1370

DiameterLimit=0.575000

LengthLimit=4.900000

AllowedWeaponClass=EOGR

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=Pylon02

PylonMass=

PylonDragArea=

LaunchRailNodeName=Pylon02

[HaveNapRightStation2]

StationID=11

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=4.888,5.3,-1.285

LoadLimit=1370

DiameterLimit=0.575000

LengthLimit=4.900000

AllowedWeaponClass=EOGR

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=Pylon02

PylonMass=

PylonDragArea=

LaunchRailNodeName=Pylon02

(BTW fastCargo, ever tried waterboming? It is such a great job, and the best one for unlucky ones that couldn't go in the military ! and it pays way better than airlines; and for winter the same company operates MD-83, for charter and airline and they offered me the job!

Congrats on getting hired! I would like it only if I could fly the OV-10s they have. Pay wise, definitely better than regional airlines, but can't really compete with major airline pay once you get a few years in. Definitely looks like a challenge though.

FastCargo

Are not the CDF OV-10s for spotting?

Sort of like the FAC originally intended for them? I saw my first one a few years back in CDF colors, and chatted with the crew for a bit.

Was a fun gig over in Europe when I was stationed there, to fly a few missions with `em. Would be plush as a civvy, as they are fun beasts to fly.

Are not the CDF OV-10s for spotting?

Sort of like the FAC originally intended for them? I saw my first one a few years back in CDF colors, and chatted with the crew for a bit.

Was a fun gig over in Europe when I was stationed there, to fly a few missions with `em. Would be plush as a civvy, as they are fun beasts to fly.

Compltely OT; thanks for the .ini for the popeye, BTW No w do you know where to look in order to have a better flyable B-52?

Well actually in europe is different. Strangely enough, waterbombing is, paywise, up to a major. Andd even better, now after summer they offered me Md-83 job, which means I can fly NOE in sumer, and airline in winter. Just wanted to share.

Compltely OT; thanks for the .ini for the popeye, BTW No w do you know where to look in order to have a better flyable B-52?

Well actually in europe is different. Strangely enough, waterbombing is, paywise, up to a major. Andd even better, now after summer they offered me Md-83 job, which means I can fly NOE in sumer, and airline in winter. Just wanted to share.

Oh and I see EOGR, so I assume this has to change in LGR to have the version with simulated datalink pod?; also would it be possible to incorporate the datalink pod in the b-52? basically I need a laser designator right? but in which position of the model?

OT: Okay, Europe might be a different deal...but no waterbomber I know in the US makes $200k+ a year...

Okay, back on topic.

I'm sorry I gave you the ini entries from the old version of the Popeye missiles. The new versions are all LGRs. And the B-52 actually had to carry the data link pod as well, so just make one of the Popeye hardpoints able to carry a LP. That should work for ya.

As far as flyable B-52s, there really aren't any available other than what you see here at Combatace. I think what happened with the B-52E to G models was that they were in the process of being built when the modder (Wpnssgt?) had a serious HD crash and lost a lot of his stuff. So he decided to release the B-52 "as is" because he didn't want to start from zero again (I can certainly understand THAT).

FastCargo

OT: Okay, Europe might be a different deal...but no waterbomber I know in the US makes $200k+ a year...

Okay, back on topic.

I'm sorry I gave you the ini entries from the old version of the Popeye missiles. The new versions are all LGRs. And the B-52 actually had to carry the data link pod as well, so just make one of the Popeye hardpoints able to carry a LP. That should work for ya.

As far as flyable B-52s, there really aren't any available other than what you see here at Combatace. I think what happened with the B-52E to G models was that they were in the process of being built when the modder (Wpnssgt?) had a serious HD crash and lost a lot of his stuff. So he decided to release the B-52 "as is" because he didn't want to start from zero again (I can certainly understand THAT).

FastCargo

Another solution , possibly more realistic would be embedding the popeye fdata link (or any Laser tag) into the B-52, which is what I did; the point being is that in order to view a camera picture, the LD must be in a proper place I guess.

On the other hand, I prolly would have made the popeye EOGR; that might also simplify, althoguh for realism sake one should carry the data link pod; I think I will go for his solution; they would be TV homing in weapon editor and EOGR on attachments right?

Also, please, could be my ,mistake but when you have a second make sure that 4-packs and 2packs of hellfire F and L are actually possible on , say the AH-1W; I follwed yyour very clear infos to the letter,, but I still can't ge multiple packs of late hellfire; really not a big deal, but I am curious now