Sign in to follow this  
mppd

USAF F-4 Tailcodes for WOV

USAF F-4 Tailcodes for WOV

Here is a long overdue overhaul of the USAF F-4C/D/E Phantom II tailcode decals for every Air Force Phantom squadron in Southeast Asia from 1967 through 1975 for WOV. Some 326 new TGA decals are provided with (hopefully) correct fin tip colors, canopy rails, tape lights, and intake insignias for a total of 62 marking schemes, many I have not seen released before. Also included are my F-4 serial number decals, plus a little historical info for reference.

A new squadronlist.ini file is provided with new entries, but none of the original squadron entries are altered so you do not need to edit any existing campaign or mission files.

I'd appreciate any input for mistakes/corrections and of course additions.

(The TGA decals have some reference marks on them also to allow anyone to use them to create new markings!)

Enjoy,

Mike Druzolowski

Holy Cow Mike !!......Excellent work matey.

Loaded this up last night and it's brilliant.

An outstanding piece of work - really enhances the Vietnam 'flavour' of WoV.

Well done Mike.

Thanks for the compliments. I was actually hoping for some feedback about corrections and additions from someone with a closetfull of photos from a tour in fighters in Thailand or South Vietnam... Anyway, Sundowner is letting me release a set of tweaked F-4 skins as a good base for these tailcodes. I scaled them down to 1024 to help framerate on modest systems, and they look great. The F-4E needs a nose texture without the sharkmouth (it's a decal now). His work is the best.

I made an entire second install version of the tailcodes with a completely new squadronlist.ini - much more elegant in the pull-down menu, but would require manually editing any mission/campaign files since the squadron names are different (this is what I have on my PC) but I didn't bother to upload it.

Thanks again,

Mike D.

Great piece of work. I noticed I was getting smaller tail codes located in the upper, rear area of the tail. Looked into the decal.ini in each F-4 and found that "insignia" was spelled "insigni". Once I corrected that they appeared with the correct size and location.