Sign in to follow this  
Julhelm

ZA-9 Kestrel Beta 1.0

ZA-9 Kestrel Beta 1.0

This is a fictional VTOL jet inspired by the Kestrel jet from the Amiga games Zeewolf and Zeewolf 2. It is similar to the Harrier, but lighter and with vastly more powerful turbofan which, while making pop-up'n'fire-attacks a breeze, does guzzle up fuel at a rather alarming rate when in hover mode.

Features:

Custom cockpit by yours truly.

Skin template included for your skinning pleasures.

3 skins:

Ferris-type experimental camo

Swedish Navy Gripen-style camo

USMC Desert camo

------------------

People whose textures I've shamelessly borrowed/ripped off:

Kesselbrut - Vigi pit for the side consoles

Batman - Random gauges from the excellent F-4J cockpit because I was too lazy to do them myself :)

The rest of the pit is mine, however.

------------------

Other info:

This is a work in progress and subsequent refinements will be posted as time permits. In the meantime, I'll be grateful for any comments/suggestions.

-----------------

Legal stuff:

Sell or claim this as your own work and I will bust your kneecaps, steal your mother, rape your TV and smash your f***ing head in.

Same goes for trying to sneak this into some payware package.

Nils 'Julhelm' Dücker

Julhelm, She is absolutely fun to fly and a challenge too. As matter of fact, I'm starting a what if mod for the Kestrel. Keep it up.

downloading now, can't wait to fly it. I was recently wondering if this mod was to see completion. I remember a teaser about it months ago.........

.......I would never dream of making money from it in the first place, but RAPING MY TV!?! sicko!

I'm working on some harrier style skins, from the Marines (AV-8A,B,C Styles), Italy(B), Spain(A,B), and maybe a few others.

Fantastic looking model can't wait to try it once I've got my internet access again, damn ISP. :shout:

Great work Julhelm. Would love to do a Indian Navy 300 Sqdn fictional skin..a logical step up for the White Tigers from the Sea Harrier :smile::ok:

Thanks for the kind responses chaps :)

I'm currently in the process of tweaking the data file to bring out some more range of it. Though the optimal mission for it is probably CAS or scouting missions - It is quite lethal with Hellfires and VTOL tactics, hehe.

Guest Saganuay82

Thats what it looks like, an aircraft just sitting behind the FEBA ready to pounce on the call for assistance.

Guest Saganuay82

Forward Edge of Battle Area

futureBug.jpg

Edited by Saganuay82

Forward Edge of Battle Area

futureBug.jpg

Please release that skin. It is awsome!

Guest Saganuay82

Oh that needs decals and tidied up. Plus Jul will have to say OK.

Oh that needs decals and tidied up. Plus Jul will have to say OK.

you dont lost time, it very good!

Cruise throttle is somewhere between 70-90% on this one, so I tweaked the range to allow that. OTOH I was originally planning for a pack of specially tailored weapons for it, but couldn't come up with good designs for them. Perhaps adding a hump tank and tuning the engine for more juice would solve things?

As for ground radar I can't add that since it'd break the HUD unless TK changes the avionics.

@Saganuay:

If I didn't want you to release skins for the plane I wouldn't have included the template with the download now would I? :)

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah man, its just a delaying tactic on my part.

Julhelm, the only part that I would say needs to be cleaned up is the where the Tail, rear fuselage, and rear of the wings sections meet, it just needs to be remapped. Good Work.

Guest Saganuay82

:)

Fun fun

CF119.jpg

Its looking good!

Dang now I want both of those! :biggrin::good:

I freakin love this jet.... I've messed around with it and did some tweaking to the loadout and have a very fun afternoon. Great job!!! :good:

:type:

File Name: ZA-9 Kestrel Beta 1.0

File Submitter: Julhelm

File Submitted: 25 Oct 2007

File Category: Fictional Aircraft, Experimental and UAV's

This is a fictional VTOL jet inspired by the Kestrel jet from the Amiga games Zeewolf and Zeewolf 2. It is similar to the Harrier, but lighter and with vastly more powerful turbofan which, while making pop-up'n'fire-attacks a breeze, does guzzle up fuel at a rather alarming rate when in hover mode.

Features:

Custom cockpit by yours truly.

Skin template included for your skinning pleasures.

3 skins:

Ferris-type experimental camo

Swedish Navy Gripen-style camo

USMC Desert camo

------------------

People whose textures I've shamelessly borrowed/ripped off:

Kesselbrut - Vigi pit for the side consoles

Batman - Random gauges from the excellent F-4J cockpit because I was too lazy to do them myself :)

The rest of the pit is mine, however.

------------------

Other info:

This is a work in progress and subsequent refinements will be posted as time permits. In the meantime, I'll be grateful for any comments/suggestions.

-----------------

Legal stuff:

Sell or claim this as your own work and I will bust your kneecaps, steal your mother, rape your TV and smash your f***ing head in.

Same goes for trying to sneak this into some payware package.

Nils 'Julhelm' Dücker

Click here to download this file