Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

YAP Mission SeaWolves LongX

I've spent about four hours trying to land the Huey on the LST without success in the Seawolves Long Xuyen mission. I've modified the file to make the LST come to a stationery position at 0knots in the centre of the river (IMHO opinion a general improvement on the ship sailing over land) but I still can't land the 'copter on the deck without exploding. I've reduced the fuel load (25%) dropped the stores (doesn't seem to work as stores stay on) deployed the flaps, speedbrake and hook( is the hook necessary anyway?) and useed the VTOL keys but the best I can do is 33kts at 20% throttle (edge of stall) but as soon as I hit the deck, I either go below the structure or explode.

I've even tried with collisions off but all this does is stops the 'copter exploding and I just sail over the deck.

Has anyone done this and if so can they explain what I'm doing wrong?

brain,

you may want to try checking with the YAP team at www.yankeeairpirate.net since there has been no response to your query.

brain,

you may want to try checking with the YAP team at www.yankeeairpirate.net since there has been no response to your query.

Why does it seem to go a bit quiet when the Y-word is used here at CA ? Is there a bit of "history" going on...oooh I do love a scandal! :wink:

Is there a bit of "history" going on...oooh I do love a scandal! :wink:

There is no 'history' here that you need concern yourself with.

The YAP team prefers to handle issues through direct email communication, so we tend to defer to them for specific technical and gameplay issues with Yankee Air Pirate.

Also, not everyone has YAP or all the modules, so there may not be help available here for a specific mission.

FastCargo