Sign in to follow this  
Skater

AA Newbie Question...

Hey guys, I'm a real noob in AA. I have a question... how do you get honor, what is it (in the game), and how do you lose it?

I have been to a few different maps, and keep getting kicked because my honor is only 9 and the min to join is 10. How do I get more, and how do I lose it (just so I know what NOT to do)?

Really perplexed here...

-Skater

Honor is a point system in AAO. It's reflective of many things in AA. You get honor from :

Kills

Leadership

Winning a Match

Winning a Round

Achieving an Objective

You can get more points if you are a LEADER that completes an OBJECTIVE and wins the ROUND. Thus, combinations of the above increase Honor POINTS by multipliers.

I think it is roughly 1000 Honor Points per Honor Level. You start out at Honor=10, and you can loose honor by commiting ROE (Rules of Engagement) violations. Ie...Shooting a Team Member..Destroying an Objective...etc...etc...

We have 2 Beta-Testers with the ODB's and we'd be more then happy to guide you thru all the great features of AAO and it's upcoming release V1.9. There is a great site out there that will allow you to TRACK you stats so you can have a better understanding of where your character/Team stands in the scheme of things. You can visit our TEAM site at: www.TeamODB.com/combat Just click on the AAO TRACKER button to see what I mean.

<C>

Fates

I believe it's recommended to play the MOUT map to build honor and experience. This map was designed as a training map for new players and teaches a lot.

One thing to remember, this is a simulation and it's not like the respawning fast pace games like CS or RTCW. You have to take your time and know what you're shooting at. Accidently kill your own guys and you might end up in Leavenworth. Once you go to jail you have to restart the game to get out and will lose valuable honor points.

Other than that, it's a hellafun game! :D