Sign in to follow this  
column5

A Little Christmas Cheer

To piggyback off of Column 5, there is a big difference between racism and cultural stereotyping. If we are going to deal with absolutes and say that ALL of something is bad per se, we can say that all attitudes that claim it is right to kill a daughter for disobedience are wrong, that all belief systems that blame a woman for a man having raped her are wrong, that any group who ban any of it's young born from growing up knowing each other regardless of sex and ideology is wrong, fair enough we can do that. What no one is doing here is saying all Muslims are wrong or bad, neither am I saying all Asians are bad.. I for one am saying and I think Column 5 would agree with me that it is fair to say that the majority of Islamic fundamentalists ARE wrong. Let's not get this confused with saying because most of something is bad that all of something associated with is bad also, that would be like giving up entirely on German people because of the despicable acts of the Nazis, a historical minority but one that needed to be dealt with. If we agree that there is a problem within not a small part of the worldwide Muslim population, we should not be made to feel guilty because not all Muslims are bad people, we should be allowed to call a spade a spade, it is a Muslim problem that sharia law is interpreted by SOME people to the extent it did in this tragic case, it is right that we say it in the same way it was right to say the Nazis in 1939 where a German problem. I hope honest to God that in the future, no one would ever judge the German people for the actions of a historical minority of nut jobs in the same way I hope Asians wont be judged by the actions of these nut jobs but the nut jobs are hear folks and whether we like it or not, the Nazis where German, and the fundamentalists in this case are Muslims. Some people will no doubt refuse to get any of this into their heads so once again the main point ... don't confuse absolutes with relatives no one is saying ALL Germans are bad or ALL Muslims are bad, just that when most Germans where Nazis, those Germans WHERE bad and likewise, my opinion, if fundaMENTAList attitudes prevail in a Muslim community.. that particular Muslim community IS bad, deserves to be discussed and should be helped by all means to change because you know what, ignoring issues like honour killing, incest, rape and freedom of youths to choose does not a free country make.

I agree!!

They are people like you and me most of them, its the few who is really bad. And that is what were are doing in joint effort. both in Afganhistan and Iraq. But we know what freedom is, we have tasted it. they dont as they live i totallitarian states mostly and it's hard to change old habbits if you ask me.

Its all about Fear and power if you ask me, If anyone is affraid of you, you have some sort of power over that individual. the same metodes are used by the mob and ditators arround the world. Its only the braves that fight back, and sometimes they loose as the poor girl did. I salute her :yes:

Its all about Fear and power if you ask me, If anyone is affraid of you, you have some sort of power over that individual. the same metodes are used by the mob and ditators arround the world. Its only the braves that fight back, and sometimes they loose as the poor girl did. I salute her :yes:

I agree, fear and not knowing any different, which is why the air is the most powerful conflict zone in the battle for freedom and in this case not aircraft but airwaves that carry communication of images, ideas, lifestyles etc. The communication superhighway hopefully will be the route out of the closet for some of those youngsters trapped in ideological prison to admit to themselves and their compatriots that they to want to decide for themselves how they think, feel and behave.

I also salute this girl and all those who dare to think for themselves. Socrates vive, la lucha sigue. Peace

Edited by Mab Glyndwr