Sign in to follow this  
Dave

I Passed......

I thought you had to pass course 9 to make MSgt. :dntknw:

No, if you want a senior endorsement on your EPR you better have you course 9 but as AD, I can't do it until I make MSgt. It might be different for the Guard.

Congrats man!! That's cool but yeah I need to do some work right now too!!

Lol

No course 9 until I make MSgt.

Thank you all very too.

Congratulations and Well Done. Remember promotion is not a reward, it is a higher expectation. Press On!!

IMHO you have the right idea....

My wife and I made the concious decision 25 years ago (geez..... that sounds like a long time) to have one of us hold down a career and one of us watch over the kids. We may not have as big a house or as fancy a car as my peers but we appear to have reasonably well adjusted kids that are now pursuing their own ambitions somewhat successfully.

My wife worked in day care for years and saw way too many "power" parents that obvious could not or would not take the time necessary with their children.

I realize it is hard these days to make it without both parents working but sometimes we need to take a very hard look at what we consider to be the definition of "making it." How many of our parents had more than one TV (not to mention computers)?

Slight deviation from topic, but we came to the exact same decision for the same reasons. We didn't like the idea of our kids being raised by proxy.

In addition, it was astonishing how much quality day care costs. Doing the math, we found it would actually cost us MORE money if my wife works than her staying at home...

I joke with her though that if she ever got a job that paid as much as mine, that I'd be perfectly happy being 'Mr. Mom'...

FastCargo

In 2004 my wife and I paid, $10,000 in day care.